PC Rro+rsn Linked Services

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Oct 10, 2019.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anybody has found any services on RRO or RSN that would go back to back to feel like a full trip through both routes. If anyone has found any services between the two that work we’ll back to back and make sense please post them here!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

RRO have only 13 frieght services so I doubt there is no such a one now.
    They should add coal run form 155 DLC to RRO at least.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Whilst I haven't found a perfect fit, you can get quite close.

The only common traction the two routes have are the 143, the 185.2, the 182 and if you have it the 155.
    Passenger service-wise, you could start off at Finnentrop, go through to Hagen in the 143 and continue on to Wuppertal in the 143.
    Basically for freight, you can take any service in the 185.2, 182 or 155 and just carry on through to the other route.
    However, it is my personal opinion that the mixed freight services feel the most coherent.

I'll notify you if I find a better fit.

Cheers,
    Prof

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Prof, i tried your suggestion here and i think it works fairly well.
    Using the 155, i ran the 11:15 mixed freight from Wuppertal-Steinbeck to Hagen yard. Then i loaded up RSN and ran the 13:10 mixed freight from Hagen to Finnentrop. Kept weather conditiions the same (but that could actually work to change them in between for RP purposes- cloudy to rainy, etc).

My mixed freight consist on RSN looked a little different (got some of the silver-topped wagons at the front so it was hard to ignore), and the engine number was different, but otherwise it was a pretty convincing illusion.

You really do notice the difference in route length playing this way, but also the density of scenery. RRO is a much more urban setting, while once you get past Hohenlimburg in RSN, it's many kms of hills and forest.

So of course it would be better if it was a seamless transition, but i think there's fun to be had here playing with different times of day/weather. If DTG could somehow cross populate some of the rolling stock (petroleum/intermodal on RSN, coal/steel on RRO), that would add quite a bit of variety.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Perhaps 2 part scenarios where you drive the same loco and consist.

• Like Like x 1