PlayStation Rro - Service Mode Query

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Northlander, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I'm doing the 11:15 Mixed Freight from Wuppertal to Hagen in the 185.5

But right from the start I've found what I believe to be 2 bugs??? Just past the first platform the signal is showing a green aspect, but there is a hidden 1000Hz waiting to catch you out....then further around this section you hit an actual yellow signal, followed by the expected 500Hz as there is a red signal, but it's on the line to your right, and not on the line you are on, yet you will fail the run if you continue past it. Stopping and waiting, will see a passenger train arrive on that line and also stop (because that's the line the red is on)

This cannot be correct surely???

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Some of these freight services you need to get permission to go up a section of track that I think is normally used for the other direction/passenger. You will need to be wary of your speed because of the 500Hz and there is an Ne2 board that must be acknowledged leading up to it (as well as a main signal at Wuppertal Steinbeck station, which shows green but no speed reduction for some reason?).

Stop before the Ne1 board (red signal on HUD) and get permission from the signaller (not really have to stop though). When passing the Ne1 board, you must be holding down PZB Override (on console there is no controller mapping so use the desk one or connect a keyboard) or the emergency brakes will come on immediately. A PZB Befehl light should illuminate/show on the HUD. You can release it then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_railway_signalling#Nebensignale

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I don't use the HUD and I get that you can ask for permission and overide the PZB (that's how I got past this on my second attempt)... But my question is how would you know, looking at the approach from the train there is no red signals on the line you are on, it's on a line to your right, which a passenger waits at, so I assumed it was waiting for me because further up on the line you are on you can see greens? It was only because I was still under restricted 1000Hz and at 35Kph and the 500 popped on the desk I was able to slow to a stop. Does this particular situation on this part of the track come down to driver route knowledge if you were from this area as opposed to the system telling you what to do?

I still feel with the 1000Hz on the green at the station coupled with the red on the other line that trips you up as a bit of a bug. I need to try the same run at a different time and see what happens to see if it's only this service

From a gameplay perspective why would I acknowledge the first green, speed isn't the issue as I'm under the speed restrictions anyway, and you wouldn't acknowledge a green in the first place, the 2nd signal on yellow is fair enough, I know to acknowledge and prepare to stop at the next, but technically you can see the "next" signal on your line is green, admittedly it's beyond the red you can also see, but as I said, it's on the right of a line on the right, so not attached to your line, unless this is a special case because of line configuration/shared multi directional track?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2020
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

There is no red signal. There is this board on the left side of the track with an arrow confirming that it refers to your track: ne1_7_keu.jpg

And when you see this sign, it acts as Hp0 and you have to stop and ask for permission to proceed.

You are right about the 1000 Hz though. A different (restrictive) signal aspect needs to be shown or the 1000 Hz needs to be removed.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Thank you for the signal info! I've never known about these boards, so this is brilliant information, will try again tonight

6. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Found this after your advice...guess it makes sense now, I just wished the game told you when you get it wrong why...I'm ok with having to learn stuff, it is a sim after all, but if I hadn't had this pointed out, I'd have not known in future what to look for. It would have been a good training tool for the game to let you get it wrong before pointing you in the right direction

Ne 1 Trapeztafel

Meaning: Stop here to await permission to proceed.

Trains must stop here to wait for visual or verbal signal to proceed. Found on lightly-used lines where telephone block operation (without signals) is in force and at double-tracked lines at the left track at the entry to a station if no other signal is installed; it effectively replaces a station's entry signal.

• Like Like x 2