PlayStation Ruhr Sieg Nord Scenario Editor Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by fabienlimp95, Jan 11, 2021.

1. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Ive expierienced multiple "Scenario Failed, Train crossed red signal" at RSN while i was on track via Scenario editor. It was defenetly the AI Trains crossing Red Signals as i was on a clear track with green signals. This happend in different scenarios ive planned on rsn. Only similarity between the scenarios was that i went in the Finnentrop direction with freight Trains while having multiple AI Trains running down to Hagen freight yard. I Assume the Problem lays somewhere there as this happens about the time AI Trains should arrive at Hagen Freight Yard but i wasnt able to watch this live.

• Like Like x 1
  2. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Same for Main Spessart Bahn. Eastbound AI Trains don''t stop at Gemünden Track 104, 100, 7, causing the scenario to abort.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I also had it on RSN in both directions (after removing my freight services it worked without a SPAD).

Yes, MSB had the same issue for me but only when I went from Gemünden in the direction of Aschaffenburg and all the AI went in the other direction. I could send you the scenario files where it happens as I play on PC.

Edit: Because I don't know wich paths exactly caused the issues I stopped creating scenarios for both of the routes although I had cool plans for them. If we could at least determine the "broken" paths I could get into creating the scenarios again and leave those paths out.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So I tested my failed scenario again and my AI train doesn't stop early enough at the signal on the end of Gemünden Track 101 (it's the DB BR 185.2 + 25 Zacns and the Path is called Eastbound Freight 101) so I get a SPAD error and the scenario is ended. Is the path wrong or are the brakes of the train not powerful enough? I added the scenario file to this post.

Another problem with that specific path is that the freight train drives on the wrong track between Langenprozelten and Gemünden so it blocks the track in the direction of Aschaffenburg for other trains only to go back into the track it originated from before Langenprozelten.

Maybe DTG Natster could forward this to the developers? It's not just the path I mentioned in this post but also other paths (the problem seems mostly to be in Gemünden). RSN also has these problems. For me it's a game breaking bug because I can't really create scenarios on both of these routes when I don't know when I get the SPAD error next.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

If you are confident that the AI trains aren't stopping when they should be please submit a support ticket if you experience this again. This way we are able to accurately investigate the problem. I will indeed pass this along, as a SPAD through no fault of your own isn't much fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I am 100 % confident as I followed the train with the free camera and saw it actually spadding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

There's obviously some short shot logic involved, as seemingly only the player can be responsible for a spad occurring. The assumption that NPC trains are unable to cause this is simply wrong.
    Why these trains do not stop properly is a separate issue.

8. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I opened the ticket #SNJ-105-88646 where I describe what I found out, attached some scenario files and a video of the AI train spadding. I also included steps to reproduce. Please make sure that this topic is investigated properly because the paths I found out most likely aren't the only ones but there are more (for example on RSN) and many more I didn't even see because I stopped creating scenarios on these routes as soon as I encountered the SPAD issues.

I hope these bugs get fixed soon because they effectively break the scenario planner on the two routes for creating detailed scenarios with freight on them.

9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

That is really helpful Task and as stated in my other post I have passed this along and it won't be ignored.

As for how quickly a fix will be implemented that entirely depends on how complicated the issue is. It will hopefully have a fast resolution, but that's not a promise.

When I have news to share with you regarding this I shall.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fabienlimp95

Thank you for your work! Also thx DTG Natster for the acknowledge this. I will try to recreate the problem on RSN and collect all the Infos i can.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Task

Task Well-Known Member

That would be awesome if you find something more out for RSN. Make sure to open a ticket if you have additional information and also mentioning the ticket number on here while tagging Natalie makes sense I think.

12. fabienlimp95

So i have managed to recreate the problem and i indeed found the Signal, AI Trains Run over. Its Signal "344" on Hagen Freight Yard Track 223, on the most Northern Part of the Freight Yard) The Train (DB BR 155 with 20 empty Fallns wagons) just doesnt stop in time, its just a matter of few meters. I assume either the stopping mark or the Signal itself isnt at the correct place.

Edit: I took a ticket and send it to th DTG support Team.
    Ticket ID : #BSB-935-89274

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Task

Task Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Adam You read out my comment on the stream: This is the thread about the AI SPADs in scenario designer on MSB and RSN. I entered ticket #SNJ-105-88646 with way more details and repro steps for this.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021