Rules Clarification

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by inversnecky, Jan 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Thinking of giving the Screenshots competition a go. Just had a query about the rules, as I don’t want to inadvertently break them.

In Jamie’s post, he says not to include anything not available through DTG/Steam, and there’s a link to routes items not allowed, but these are routes.

Does this then mean, say, AP trains are allowed in the competition?

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

AP trains (as well as trains from other 3rd parties) are allowed in the competition, provided it's the version available on Steam. The list of banned DLCs are ones which are exclusive to the US because of the BNSF license. I'd imagine you also can't use DLC that's been withdrawn from sale on Steam.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Here's a list of AP trains and liveries allowed: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Armstrong Powerhouse

- Class 313 (London Overground and NSE liveries only)
    - Class 90 (unbranded NXEA and Anglia blue/white liveries only - I believe these are exclusive to the Steam one)
    - Class 315 (unbranded Anglia blue/white, Greater Anglia all-over white, and TfL Rail liveries)
    - Class 205 (NSE only)
    - Class 37/4 (unbranded DRS, the version included in Wherry lines)
    - Class 170 (Anglia white/green livery only - I believe this is a clone of the original Thompson 170 that comes with Edinburgh-Glasgow - could be wrong)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  4. inversnecky

Thanks, Cameron. I don’t have any of those, so will be sure to stick to non AP stuff then.

5. Clumsy Pacer

General rule - if in doubt, don't show it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Basically if you can buy it on Steam, and it isn't on the excluded items list, it is fair game.

7. inversnecky

Yeah, my original query was just that these aren’t the same thing. But clarified now.

8. inversnecky

One more question: are you allowed to use a route that was included in TS, but which is no longer available on Steam?

9. Clumsy Pacer

I wouldn't think so, but that's one for DTG Jamie

10. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

11. inversnecky

Taking this strictly with its present tense usage, then entrants meet to check their route is still available, I guess.

Basically, I have a tunnel screenshot on the North Wales Coastal, which is no longer sold separately in the Steam store, but I got it by buying TS2018 so, although the route is no longer available, a key for the TS2018 which includes it is!

Is this allowed?

12. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Im still trying to figure out why Raton Pass is banned from the contests though.....

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Basically what I think it boils done to is the licensing issue, as there is a branded and unbranded version. It would be hard to police the person posting their screenshot actually has the branded or unbranded. And I believe that is why it's not allowed in the screenshot contest. Makes it simple and keeps DTG in the clear of any violation issues of the license they hold.

14. Blacknred81

But yet the Montana High Line is still allowed, same with the Chicago Racetrack, both which have unbranded version of each route (Though Metra is Unbranded across both versions).

Though the only real reason why I would like to not have Raton on the banned list is to use the routes Amtrak MHCs and Spine Cars for screenshot contests on other routes.

15. Michael Newbury

Then that poses a good question for DTG Jamie to answer for us.

16. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Raton Pass I can sort of understand since it's a bit of a gray area in terms of branding. I'm more confused as to why of all things the NKP S-2 is on that list. The NKP eventually became NS, and most other NS locos are allowed in screenshot contests so why is this one different?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blacknred81

Yes, that's the other oddball thats on the list, especially since there is nothing on it being restricted to US customers in its steam description either. It has no reason to be banned from the screenshot contests.
    20210127_152529.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

I have been looking into this and have decided to change one of the rules on the Screenshot Contest this is the new rule.

In order to qualify for the competition, screenshots must be taken from products published by Dovetail Games that are currently on sale.

Will look into the list of locos and routes again to double check and update the list if I need to. Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. inversnecky

Cheers, Jamie.

20. Michael Newbury

Awesome thanks Jamie

21. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It would have to be what is available for sale now, because they're put in game as "flash screens", basically adverts, so to put things in which you cannot buy for whatever reason wouldn't make sense.