Rumour Of Ska And Bkl Not Getting The Rush Hour Upgrades

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kevin.charb81, Aug 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

No I don’t put words in your mouth. I said you sound like the typical rich kid because you do. Lucky you, you’ve got a PS5 I take it! If so I’m genuinely pleased for you. Some of us haven’t for various reasons. Can you please point out where I’ve actually blamed DTG for what I currently have / own? What I have blamed DTG for is releasing new dlc’s which aren’t fully up to scratch quality wise, releasing statements with regards to what they are unable to actually deliver, and charging PS4 users the same as a PS5 user the same price for a brand new dlc for a lesser experience in return. As for the rest of your cost of development arguments maybe DTG should raise the price of a PS5 dlc to £34 99 and keep a PS4 one at £24.99! This would reflect the current smaller uptake of PS5 owners where as the majority of us are probably currently still using PS4’s. Things can get cheaper for PS5 owners once the majority of us have them. Oh! no we’re not having that I hear you all cry and I’d be tempted to agree with you yet your happy for PS4 owners to pay the same as you for less. Hum.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can take what you wish (incorrectly). Wouldn't matter what hardware I am or was using my point would be the same because I am coming at "value" from a different place than you.

Why, when if I'm right it costs less to develop for a PS5?

Irrelevant. Number of users doesn't make any difference to cost of development and implementation

As stated above (Several times) They're only getting "less" because their hardware is "less". No other reason. No other implication. No difference to cost of development, sales, processing, support or anything else. You say I sound like the typical rich kid. Hopefully I sound like a pragmatist that is trying to make the point that what YOU want is less relevant than commercial reality and in fact your argument is arse about face, back to front, upside down... however you want to put it.
    That YOU get less of a complete experience because YOUR hardware is less shouldn't mean that YOU have to pay less unless there is clearly less development cost in it's implementation (which there just ain't)

3. shhweeet#4292

Why would I be frustrated? I’m actually quite happy with my PS4 and playing TSW2 on it because it currently meets my general need. I can probably afford a PS5 if I could find one but choose not to have one just yet for my own reasons. What I don’t like is paying the same for something as others but not getting what they are getting. Reduce the brand new dlc price a bit for older PS4 users and I would be perfectly happy and probably more accepting of faults etc because of the older hard ware I’m currently using. That argument goes for any I’m buying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

this...

• Like Like x 1
  5. shhweeet#4292

That’s not frustration that’s just annoyance that I’m expected to pay the same amount of my hard earned for something others are paying for yet getting less in return for my money. There IS a difference. If I was as frustrated as you’d say I’d be moving heaven and earth to buy a PS5 but I’m not. :D

6. ARuscoe

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/annoyance
    second row, middle

It's splitting hairs on both our parts here... and going nowhere... But you say there IS a difference, and I am agreeing with you.
    The reason for the difference is agreed (you have a PS4)
    but you're saying you're GETTING less so should pay less, and therefore DTG should receive less for their work
    I am saying the reason you're getting less is because your hardware is older, that DTG do the same amount of work (if not more) so therefore the cost for the value you're receiving should be the same.

And I'm sure many people would sell their own teeth for a PS5 of XB1X... I'm not one of them because I prefer not to spend £60 on a single game which won't be any good in a year.

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

You have been given the answer to this question, and so this thread has served it's purpose.

As the discourse is now nothing more than arguing there is no need to keep it open.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.