Running With No Hud - Why Can We Not Toggle These On?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chieflongshin, Aug 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

To pull some more out of the game I have been running with the hud off in Germany. In doing so it's made me identify some challenges.

1. I'd like to be able to still run a stop marker independent of full HUD. I don't really want to keep hitting F1 to see everything. Stop marker would be great though (or more customisation of HUD).
    2. In conjunction with this, how can we get my stops to show on the Fahrplan, this would perhaps negate point one a little or at least stop me having to keep checking ( (I guess Uk trains could be a clip board and the stops get crossed off perhaps.
    3. How do I tell when I can shut the doors when I have no HUD up, nothing I can hear or see I'm aware of.
    So i guess my experience would be to add a stop marker and the passenger load when the rest of the HUD is off. It's a great challenge driving without but no way I will learn station locations or timetables for all the routes.

Welcome peoples thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

1. I think you can keep the stop marker while disabling the rest of the elements by using Ctrl+F1 to Ctrl+F6(?). Can't remember if the stop marker is bound to one of those - I keep everything but the next stop HUD element off.
    2. That would be ideal - the empty fahrplan/station list on trains really makes this feel like an unfinished game.
    3. That's one of the few remaining issues that prevents us from running with the entire HUD off. Having a system where it's your conductor who opens and closes the doors instead of you would fix that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. chieflongshin

I’ll try the ctrl f1 and 6 thank you. I wasn’t aware of this

4. chieflongshin

It's a no unfortunately. The above work with the HUD on, but as soon as you turn it off they don't show . Thank you though Commiee

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

A buzz from a guard would help know when to close doors. But I guess that won't work for all routes.
    It's the one place we need a audible cue to try and run hud-less, and it's the one thing that doesn't have that objective sound attached to it.

I made an Arduino keyboard button box to switch on and off his elements on console. It works well enough, but I have to switch on the destination element to know when to close the doors.

6. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

My idea was that you would have the HUD enabled, but all of its elements except the stop marker disabled using the hotkeys. Maybe I missed your point?

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You can still see the stop marker with HUD-off :)
    More customization is my dream \o/

8. chieflongshin

It's the XXKm away one I mean, not the blue one. I did run with that but overshot a few stations. :cool: