Sand Patch Grade Service Bug

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dallas117, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, thinking it must be a bug for sure. I've also noticed that on the Road-map it says investigating sand patch grade services issues so maybe it's already been reported.

But on the service U - 876 A Cumberland to Shaw Mine I believe, when you spawn in, it asked to Go To location, and that location is right on top of two parked locomotives, with an engineer and conductor in them. So I thought this is strange, and pulled up to them ... and then well I guess connected to them, and then it said Go To next location. But I knew this couldn't be right cause everybody is looking at each other from both cabs and it's hilarious. But I kept going, the other thing to mention is the blue track line to follow was also gone, but the objective markers were still there. But sure enough about half way down the 50 MPH stretch there is a red light, and it doesn't change. I asked RTC to see what was up and it said I appeared to be on the wrong track, which isn't possible because there is no switching on that service.

So I'd say it's pretty clearly a bug, and it happens every time you load that service, whether from Explore or through the Journey. Which is surprising because you can't pass the Journey then...So has no one else made it this far???

Look forward to some help here, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

There are a number of posts on this problem. My solution was to push the two locos on to the next track. Then uncouple them, back up and proceed on your original path changing switches as needed. I then completed the scenario/ service.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Been there done that. You can just move them out of the way: Couple to them (with or without your cars; your choice), set a switch in front of you off of your path, park the offending locos there, move back on track and continue your journey.
    Alternatively you can spawn on foot and start that service that way and then this issue doesn‘t appear from what people wrote on the forum but for completing the journey the above workaround works just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ok awesome, thanks guys, hopefully they fix this one, but they must be aware of it I'm thinking

• Like Like x 1