PlayStation Sand Patch Upcoming Speed Limits Not Matching Actual Limits.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stujoy, Aug 20, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I am doing my first run in SPG and on several instances the speed limit applied at a speed limit board isn’t the speed limit that was shown in the HUD when approaching. I think this is being caused by there being two speed limit boards, one on either side of the track, showing different limits, with both being applied as you pass.

I’m driving service I368 Manifest Chicago to Cumberland.

2. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Same thing happens on the SFS Koln-Aachen, the limits are marked in mph (and are wrong even if I do the conversion) even if I am in automatic mode

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The higher one is the passenger speed limit.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thanks but I know about differential speed boards. In this case I passed a speed limit board that had a 35 mph lower limit but it lowered the speed limit to 25 mph when I passed it (The upper limit was 50 mph for passenger trains, I think). In the HUD as I was approaching, it showed the speed limit was to change to 35 mph (correct for the actual board) but it changed to 25 mph instead. There was a speed board for the other running track showing a 25 mph speed limit which wasn’t for my track, which is why I mentioned that in my post. This is the instance of it happening that I stopped to take a closer look at but it had happened a couple of times before this.

Later in the route there were a couple of speed changes without a board at all.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is the sign I passed
    Train Sim World 2_20200820125051.jpg
    You can see the limit on the sign is 35 mph and the speedometer in the HUD shows a max speed of 25 mph. The upcoming speed limit on the way up to this sign was the correct 35 mph.

This is the map location.
    Train Sim World 2_20200820125109.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Another strange occurrence. I’m doing another run in the GP38 along the same track and this time it’s using the top (passenger) speed limits and getting them all correct in the HUD. It’s a head scratcher this one.

7. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

I did a westbound service last night across the entire route and didn't have an issue with this. I'll try an EB today and see what happens. On launch day I did an EB light helpers from Sand Patch and encountered the passenger limits. It let me up to 79mph on the Hyndman Straight.

Needless to say this game needs a sizable patch...

-Dean

8. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Unless I have misread your post, in most situations light engine (no wagons) is passenger speed limit. If you were travelling light engine, that sounds correct, if you have coupled up to the rest of the train, it does sound wrong.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had a very heavy rake of loaded coal wagons. It doesn’t bother me if the HUD shows a higher limit, if I can read the speed signs (and SPG is one of the few routes where I can) I’ll just stick to the correct one on the sign. It’s just when it was using the freight limits correctly (my original post) the HUD didn’t match the signs. It was only on a couple of speed limits so it’s not a huge issue. I’m loving the route so far, only used the GP38 on a couple of long runs at the moment, and that was over four hours of driving.

EDIT - I missed that you were replying to someone else not me, anyway I had the experience with a loaded train.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rush

Rush Member

I had this exact thing happen to me! I was really confused and thought I had just looked at the HUD wrong or missed a second speed change on the HUD. It said 35mph coming up and I was going around 31-32mph and once I passed it my speed was red and saying I was way over the 25mph speed limit all of a sudden. It happened heading East from the summit, possibly somewhere around the horseshoe curve.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1