PC Santa Clara Saviour: Can't Complete Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by james#6343, Mar 4, 2021.

1. james#6343

james#6343 Member

When I got to the part of the scenario where I had to wait for the spare F40 to connect with the coaches, it left the siding, and stopped after the switch. I waited about 2-3 minutes and it was still in the same spot, causing the scenario to become dead-locked. I'm unsure if it is just a one off, but considering it was near the end of the scenario, I'm not going to re-attempt it for a while.

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm having broadly similar issues with this Scenario on PS5. For me, the spare F40 has appeared and hooked up to the carriages and I'm instructed to "Wait for the service to pass", but it just sits there.

If I drive my train away from the broken down loco and down to the section of track which would be my next instruction, the points all change, locking me in the way so I can't get back to where I was, and the spare F40 starts driving towards me with no way of getting round it. It literally won't move until I'm stuck in its way, like the instruction for it to move is triggered by me being in the place I should be directed to after it's made that move.

Edit - solved it!
    Ok, so this is possible, but only because the scenario has you driving a double-headed MP15DC. I split them apart after dumping the stricken F40, drive the lead one out past the point which triggers the replacement F40 to start moving, and down past the next set of signals. Then I ran back, avoiding the F40 now moving happily along the track, and set up the other MP15DC. This allowed the scenario to progress, giving me a few "Unexpected Vehicle Formation" notices, but still giving me the points and allowing me to move the single remaining switcher back to the north side of CEMOF and complete the scenario - gold medal and all!

The other MP15DC is still blocking the tracks further down, with the F40 still waiting patiently for it to move... :D

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021