Scenario Editor In Ts 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Jan 29, 2018.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I have not find any tutorial or videos for Scenario Editor in Train Simulator 2018 but see a few of videos or tutorials with older version of Train simulator. I would like to know the link so I can look up and learn how to use the scenario editor fro Train Simulator 2018.

John

2. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

The editor is the same as in older versions. Just see a turorial from an older version

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

You should also look at the Timetable Editor manual; even though it hasn't been revised since its first appearance in -- could it be? -- 1971, it still contains a lot of basic information, even though I wouldn't call any of it tutorial. Minor changes have occurred in the scenario editor since then, but little that is crucial. Do look at the origin date of any tutorial you come across, since some innovations have appeared over the years.

4. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

the editor hasn't changed since the very first game

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

You may well be right about this and perhaps I should have written that we know more about some of its features and capabilities than we used to. I've been using the so-called Timetable Editor since the very first edition of TS -- then, RS -- and readily report that, to paraphrase WS, "there's more in the editor than is dreampt (sp?) of in its manual". With apologies for crossing forums, I'll just add that DTG's reluctance to provide an editor for TSW does not surprise me in the least, given all that they've concealed from us in the TS editor.

6. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Fun trivia fact:
    There has only ever been one notable change to the scenario editor in TS17: The capability to drag drivers between locos.
    The rest stayed the same.
    I hope you find a good tutorial, because I have a lot of work and I don't quite have the time to make a scenario editor tutorial. I can however answer specific questions, if you have any. I'll try my best to come up with a guide as soon as I have the time to do so.

Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius

7. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Try the one on marleymans website it's free to download and really easy to follow