Scenario Idea (station Set-up)

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by james94, Jun 19, 2020.

1. james94

james94 Member

I recently watched an episode of the new train documentary (Railway 24/7) and the night manager had to set up trains at the right platforms for the following day and it gave me an idea.

It would be brilliant to have a scenario where you have to do this in TSW, have a handful of trains that you must take to certain platforms (maybe from a nearby depot) to prepare them for the following mornings rush hour or even plan what platforms they must go from, yourself. They don’t even have to be on the route you are using, just get them ready to go wherever they need to go! Maybe even include trains that must be split in the middle and taken to separate platforms.

I wonder if other people would be interested in doing a scenario like this! I know there might be a lot of logistical issues involved (swapping between trains etc.) but it’s certainly an idea for people wanting to use the new scenario planner or for DTG to look at themselves in future releases!

• Like Like x 2
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

That does seem like a good scenario idea, but my impression is that we won't be able to share work we do in the scenario planner with other players, which strikes me as an unfortunate, crippling limitation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Do we think this will be possible on the scenario planner to set ourselves a task of moving for example 4 trains into the sidings? Or would DTG limit the scenario to one train per scenario

4. james94

james94 Member

I believe Matt said in the first Q&A that you could have as many AI trains as there were lines/platforms available but I do think there is only one player controlled train so a scenario like this would have to be created by DTG themselves and as stated by LastTrainToClarksville shows the limitation of it unfortunately

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Ahhh! Thanks for clearing that up!