PlayStation Scenario Planner Red Lights

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nick Y, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I've created a few custom scenarios on a few different routes using the off the rails mode.
    Most of my routes seem to work but one specific one gives me a permanent red signal at the start point.
    I created a route on NTP using the class 166 from Leeds to Manchester calling at Dewsbury and Huddersfield only (express route).
    The reverse route from Manchester to Leeds works fine every time but the route from Leeds to Manchester won't allow me to get past the start point at Leeds station.

Anyone have any ideas how I can solve this issue?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Scenario planner on NTP is a complete lottery. Whether you get a green light at the start can depend on which station you start at, where you're heading, and where you want to stop along the way. Sometimes reducing the station stops gives you a green, and sometimes you have to add more. The other big factor is which train you're using - some trains just won't be allowed to start from particular stations.

I tested a few possibilities, and the 166 isn't going to allow you to leave Leeds. I tried changing the station stops, and I even tried making it terminate at Miles Platting instead. Nothing worked. However, if you create exactly the same scenario and start at Morley instead, that seems to work.

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply.
    It seems like a faff to put something like off the rails into the planner and then you can't use certain vehicles.
    I'm not 100% certain about this but it seems to be related to the train length.
    When selecting the start and stop points and adding stations, the length of the platforms is longer than the consist, yet it states in red at the bottom maximum length is 88m, but the train length is 89m.

Edit: I found out that it's the platform at Huddersfield causing the issues. Platform 1b is only 88m and is at the far end.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021