Scenario Planner Wishlist

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 21, 2020.

1. paul.tuc

paul.tuc New Member

Can we have the direction of the platforms also ? i.e. if platform 3 at a stop is east to west config and platform 4 at the same station is west to east config

• Like Like x 3
  2. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Let us use all of the roads in Cumberland Yard as starting points

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aerilon

Aerilon Member

That bothers me the most. When I want to let an ICE train depart from every Single track of Köln Hbf at once, then that is what i want to be able to Do. That's how I understood the "you can do everything you want" when the Editor was announced. I expect from the game's AI to be intelligent enough to Set the Switches, Signals and manage the traffic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

5. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Sorry for late reply. I wonder how you succeeded, I cannot save while playing custom scenarios. Also abusing a bug in the game to set weather doesn't seem like a valid solution to me. Also I want to force the scenario to always be played with preset weather, since many things get rapidly complicated with bad visibility or wheel slip.

Cheers,
    Prof.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tornado811

tornado811 Member

I don’t mean the Cumberland switchback I mean the scenario planner where you can just do yard switching for train consists and the trains actually go with the consists you set up, they don’t in Cumberland switchback, this is a different suggestion for the scenario planner, not the Cumberland switchback, two different things

7. zakvdolek

zakvdolek New Member

I basically bought TSW2 for Sand Patch (I know, I know), but my biggest disappointment was not having an actual consist editor (which apparently existed in TSW2020?).

If I wanna run a 6-header of AC4400’s, with two distributed power units (one mid-consist, and one trailing the consist) for a total of 10 locos on a massive coal train that doesn’t fit into any station- then I should be able to. When I saw I could only pick preconfigured consists, to me, it negated the whole purpose of a scenario editor. Right now it basically has the same functionality as exploring via the timetable- without the ability to even control weather?

So please, let me at least drop my choice and quantity of locos wherever I want in a consist. This feature should include: selecting locos, their orientation (short/long hood), starting a consist from a single engine/car, then add more rolling stock (ability to select full/empty/partial status), and dropping additional locos in along the way), and either automatically or via toolbox select it’s run/dead traction/brake presets.

A functional consist editor and timetable editor really should be part of your MVP.

• Like Like x 3
  8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You aren't the only one who wants to run that type of train & you mean by ''apparently existed a consist editor ''was in TS2020 not TSW2020 but apart from that a consist editor would be great

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can technically change weather by going to explore, then selecting weather, then going back to tools, then to scenario designer.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. suhler

suhler Member

Translated with Google.

Hello everyone, I think most things have already been said:

1. Portals to make trains disappear from the route like in the timetable mode. It just doesn't look nice when 5 trains are on the line because 1 train is already in the station because it ends there.

2. The possibility of not only using given routes but also defining which ones to enable overtaking, maneuvering or change of direction.

3. To be able to select the maximum train length independently of the platform length in order to start a 300 meter long freight train at a 200 meter long platform. Or to start an AI ICE3 in double traction on a shorter platform.

4. The possibility of counting the start time in 1 minute steps instead of just every 5 minutes.

5. Increase the number of unique moves per scenario. 30 are far too few, at least in Germany.

6. Put trains together yourself in order to tow an ICE with a locomotive.

7. The trains not only start or end on platforms, but also on sidings, depots or on the open route.

8. The possibility of going from Bochum to Duisburg, for example, and then back to Essen to park the train there. Or to bring wagons to a factory, park them there and pick up other wagons and take them somewhere else.

9. You can determine the waiting time, arrival time and departure time at the station yourself in order to let a train stand a few minutes longer at the station.

10. To be able to incorporate unexpected disturbances such as triggering the emergency brake by a passenger.

11. Give trains different priorities. If you drive a freight train that has the same start time in Aachen as an AI ICE that also wants to Cologne, you get priority as a player's train and drive at 100 kmh before the ICE, which should go 250 kmh there in places. In the same way you get priority as RE or S-Bahn and not the ICE as it should be.

• Like Like x 8
  11. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

30 are too few every were apart from the bakerloo line. I agree with you but I think they said 30 is a limit but im not to sure but 30 really is a few. So I think that would be a nice feature update

12. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

here's just an update to my wishlist, since some things were (partially) resolved.
    • (Resolved) Inability to save progress while driving a custom scenario.
    • (Resolved) Inability to set weather.
    • (Resolved) Custom starting conditions in train, i.e. cold start.
    below is the old wishlist.

EDIT: I forgot a few things, fixed now.

Cheers,
    Prof

Who thought these were good ideas!?!? (I consider these problems so severe, that I classify them as bugs and slip-ups in the development, not potential features.)
    • (Partially solved for player train) Inability to adjust time in a finer interval then 5 minutes. (You do know that keyboards exist for a reason?)
    • Lack of portals (Consider the severity of this -> It's impossible to have a delayed service in front of one's train, because that delayed service will often occupy the exact final platform that your train should enter. Since the delayed train doesn't proceed to a portal, the player could not finish the scenario. This causes A LOT of headaches.)
    Very Important (High priority)
    • Availability of all platforms/sidings as starting points and end points.
    • More detailed minimap, in particular with all available tracks.
    • (Partially solved) Custom consist builder -> I want to be able to glue a Talent 2 to a BR 425.
    • Custom routing of trains -> If I really want to I should be able to force an ICE over freight tracks.
    Important (Medium priority)
    • In-Game view while editing scenarios, in particular ability to place trains at an arbitrary position on the track -> E.g. I should be able to require a train to first enter Aachen from behind Aachen and then to proceed to Köln.
    • Timetable view, akin to TSXX.
    • Custom stop durations at platforms.
    • Custom instruction texts.
    • (Partially solved) Coupling tasks.
    • Reversing tasks.
    Would be nice... (Eventually maybe this'd be nice)
    • Custom defective signals/signal aspects.
    • Custom speed limits.
    • Rolling start.
    • Custom train malfunctions -> For instance LZB defects, etc.
    • Custom displays on trains -> For instance custom LZB aspects, etc.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  13. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Watching the railfan tv streams, its clear that the process of creating a scenario hasnt been designed around the end-user's thinking process. So I'd like to see the creation process handled more humanly.

For example, half way through a stream, Sam wanted to create an off-the-rails scenario, and had to back-track, deleting choices as he went just to switch that option on.

At the moment the process is very A-B-C, but most of us aren't that orderly in our creativity.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can set it at the beginning.

15. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Suggestions for Scenario Planner

-A free mode to be able to go up and down the line as much as you want and to change where your going by using the track switches such as whether you want to go from Brighton to either seaford or Eastbourne

-more platforms at San Francisco (their appears to be only platform 4 even though their is about 12 other ones)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

When you finished playing a scenario you created with the scenario planner, there are two options shown:

Replay
    Main menu

I suggest to add a third one:

Edit scenario

This makes the test cycle a bit shorter. It should be an easy to implement feature.
    It also may be interesting to allow to go directly back to the top level, to create another scenario.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I would love to see freight paths added to TVL that use the freight track near Middlesbrough station. Some scenarios lead freight trains over this path but timetable services always go through the station.

Also for TVL: make the paths to the Ore terminal go through the loading/unloading facilities. The we can load/unload trains there.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Would like to see the Overground route from Queen's Park to Harrow and Wealdstone added to the Scenario Planner.

19. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

With regard to TVL freight paths there are none which start from the Up Goods Line or the Up/Down Goods Loop at Darlington which I'd assume puts a limit on potential train lengths.

I've used Scenario Planner to run trains into Redcar Mineral Coal terminal.

Firstly I wanted to see if there was any functionality with the limestone hoppers. Unfortunately they don't empty but still gives a longer run than the Eaglescliffe - Tees Yard trips.

I also ran a set of loaded coke wagons and the animation of coal being emptied happens but there is no load percentage shown or points awarded for this unloading procedure.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Everything above and also the ability of express trains to overtake slower trains when the latter one is on a platform which clears the main line.
    i.e. a RE leaves Aachen for Köln 10 min before an ICE, then at a station it should let pass the faster train when it gets closer to the slower one (Less than 3km)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Being able to send trains in or out of portals. Plus Using signal blocks as starting/finishing points for trains rather than platforms or the odd yard siding.
    Hopefully the scenario planner ends up with a system of being able to place any wagon we like, in any consist we like, behind any loco we like. Anywhere we like. If the combination dosent work through brake types or power methods, its on the player.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  22. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

A setting for priorities. Example if an AI ICE and my freight train want to leave the station at the same time, my 90 km/h freight train has priority over a 250 km/h ICE (Sorry for The Bad English)

• Like Like x 2
  23. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Excellent suggestions, for me adding the ability to use portals for AI trains, being able to use multiple locos with mixed consists and also being able ride as passenger

• Like Like x 1
  24. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Could the scenario planner have an option to use a DLC's current timetable as a template into which we could post the trains we would like to see running?

This would set us up to easily populate scenarios without too much hassle.

Those we don't touch could then appear as per the current timetable.

Any path conflicts occurring from user defined paths would just see the affected AI timetable service automatically removed without affecting the others.

25. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I wish for mainly a path builder...especially on the bakerloo line....I also wish for the ability to do there and back secnarios so that way i can multiple trains at the same platform....i also want to set who has priority.

• Like Like x 1
  26. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I won't repeat everything that has been written already, there are many points I agree with. I think the following hasn't been made yet:

Let me select in the editor for every service what their destination displays on the trains should display. Should not be too difficult to render text based on the user input. This way, I could set up AI trains and player train to have destinations and line numbers according to their destination in that specific scenario.

Ability to create schedule with departure times. That way, the scenario would start before the actual departure time. Right now, I have to select 5 min earlier and then wait myself for the actual departure time based on the real time schedule that I design for.

What bugs me most: Most or all of the things in this thread are supported by the engine and their tools. So it's not a question of technical ability but to create the mapping between the scenario settings in the game and the scenario plugin in the engine. Essentially, they need to create a plugin programmatically ad-hoc when you start the scenario. Theoretically, with endless time and money, they could beef up the scenario planner to be a cross-platform front-end for the UE4 capabilities. Inevitably, this would get ouf of hand and complexity would grow to a point where designing scenarios is no longer possible for everyone.

The problem here is: you can either hide complexity behind ominous 'systems' / automation that do the heavy lifting for you OR you provide users the ability to make more bespoke settings for their scenarios.

Realistically, we will see those changes that only affect certain values and where it is easy to wrap them in the scenario designer (value A in designer means do B in engine). But complex custom logic is not so easy. Here, they would have to bundle the most requested complex behaviours up in chunks of drag-and-drop behaviour aspects that can be attached to an AI train, for example. In the back-end, this logic could represent a ready-made blueprint with certain variable inputs. These inputs could then be filled via form fields.

27. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the ability to spawn in in foot and make a scenario where I can set trains going on forever by disappearing like AI trains do. Also the destination displays on the non player trains say not in service or are blank, it would be nice to see them working properly. I agree with the other suggestions about more flexibility with routes and consists. I'd also like to be able to set up services that break down and then go out and rescue them or setting up consists for the day like attaching different units together and then setting off.

28. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Functionality of picking train consists like in TS. Which has better UI than TSW2 in this mode frankly.

-

• Like Like x 1
  29. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

Livery use multiplier
    Meaning when you pick to use a Livery you can change how often the Livery would be used on ai trains from just your train using said Livery to all using it

• Like Like x 1
  30. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

I think the addition to make your own custom trains like a 1972 Stock coupled to a DB BR 406 (and any other unethical combinations that wouldn't work in real life)

31. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Selecting the individual tracks a train takes. If you could open up the main map and line the switches and signals in advance it would really improve the flow of the game. For example if I want to simulate rush hour for the LIRR and have local and express trains running in 3 to 5 minute intervals it currently won't understand how to do that and makes my trains all stop and clog up the line. If it would realize some trains get priority over others it'd really help.

32. kkolk

kkolk New Member

Hello, my suggestions are:
    1) Ability to change weather in scenarios and/or
    2) synchronize the time and weather with the actual conditions at the place, where we want to run (data should be taken from any weather website or sth)
    3) ability to create a service, where the train can stop on every station on the track (even little stations)
    4) ability to create service, that contains run there and back (eg. Duren - Koln - Duren)
    5) if the player takes first course of a day form the first station, he should start service from depot, outside of train and do all starting procedure, just like in tutorial
    6) if player takes an existing service, he should be spawned on the platform 1 minute before the train comes to station, and then change the driver.
    7) Ability to add any intermediate stations for the ICE service.
    8) Platform numbers should not be associated to paths (it should be possible to select any platform, where the train should stop on and the algorithm should calculate the appropriate path)
    It's all at the moment, sorry for my english

• Like Like x 2
  33. rcdevisser

rcdevisser Active Member

Missing:
    There is much, much more that is missing in TSW(2) but concerning
    the scenario editor only the next items are definitely missing:

Ability to set up a scenario with engines in cold and dark mode is missing.
    Setting up an own desired route is missing.
    Load and unload AI traffic is many times within range of visibility, this should be happening outside the visual range.
    Consist builder is missing.
    Weather enhancement is missing.
    Ability to set up static trains, light engines, coaches and wagons is missing.
    Ability to set up text messages is missing.
    Pop-up with orders/messages on desired locations once the train is passing by that location is missing.
    Passenger (un)boarding is missing.
    Ability to create/have ECS on depots and yards is missing.
    Ability to share own created scenario's with the community is missing.

• Like Like x 2
  34. The ability to start/terminate at London Road depot on Bakerloo would be good.

Imo it 'feels' better starting outside and then re-emerging outside again, as opposed to starting underground.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I'll add something I haven't seen in this thread before: the ability to overlay the actual Service Mode timetable on your scenario. So I'd only have to select where I want to go, and what train I want to use, and the AI is added in automatically based on the actual timetable.

• Like Like x 3
  36. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

I'd like to see the location points on the map clickable (the same as when selecting a spawn location when exploring on foot) in the section where you set the scenario start and end, so that we don't necessarily need to know the name of the stations we want to start from.
    It would also be nice to have go via points selectable so that we can avoid the path routing us off the main line via a siding and back on to the mainline again lick what happens in places on sand patch grade.

• Like Like x 1
  37. kkolk

kkolk New Member

It would be nice to have a possibility of creating an own journey, including to have all stations and platforms available (i.e. ability to create a connection between Langerwehe platform 5 and Aachen Hbf)

38. drra18

drra18 New Member

This has been said already but.

I would love to see a consist editor and the ability to set up switching tasks.

Thanks !!

39. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Add to the Scenario Planner the option to assign a rank to the service you are creating.
    Today, driving a Regional between Köln and Aachen I stopped at every station. Behind me there was an ICE, and although it had the track free to pass, when I entered the station (on a special parking track) the ICE stopped parallel to me (on the transit track) and waited for my Regional back onto the main line and then follow me.
    If I assign rank "A" to ICE and rank "B" to the Regional, it should happen that as the Regional exits the main line to make the stop, the ICE on the main (or transit) line should overtake it and not wait for it as it happens now.

This would be a basic precedence system (among other things static, since it would be assigned only to the stations where the preceding train leaves the main line to make the stop) but it would be very effective all the same.

Summary in a picture,
    My Regional has stop at station, in a secondary track (main line, or the line, run just on my right side).
    ICE comes from main track (we got the same direction, both heading to Aachen) and instead to overtake me, it stop along the main track (the line) and he gave to me the precedence. That's absolutely unrealistic in all worldwide railways! :)

Train Sim World 2® 2020-10-20 08-36-31.png

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I wonder if this would be possible. Create a kind of freeroam mode, where for the player train all switches are manual. AI trains just do what they do, but a player train just has a start location and an end location.This would make it possible to enter yards and do shunting on the way, especially if it is combined with static consists we can place in yards. At the moment, only in rare cases we can use yards and do some switching, but there are so many wonderful yards that are not used and just lay there empty. This is a waste and ungrateful to the developers who carefully built these yards.

• Like Like x 2
  41. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I’ve just purchased TS2021 to find out what I was missing having only played with TSW until now.

I eventually managed to make a freeroam scenario for the Fife Circle Route and am loving exploring all the nooks and crannies on this line. If something more like this could be done in the TSW2 Scenario Planner it would be very welcome.

42. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I definitely know what we are missing. The scenario planner looks like something created in a rush to prevent a complete uproar. I try to be positive, but my investigations of the data structures used show serious flaws that are not so easy to repair without breaking existing user created scenarios. One thing is that the type of stop is defined at service level, but not as a parameter of the stop. This just poor design. Also nobody thought about making a sequence of instructions. Instead they created a list of stopping point, which you cannot extend to anything else, because the instruction type is not modeled. It really is a minunim viable product to get feedback. Best would be to throw it away and start it all over in order to avoid making a mess. It seems the developer who created this did not even look at how it was done for TSxxxx.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Can we please, please, please have some manual switches at the WSR route: The yard entrances in Williton and Minehead and in Norton Fitzwarren the switch that directs you either to the platform or to the yard? This would help a lot to to create Diesel day like scenarios. Creating marker areas in these yards would also be very beneficial. All other yards are accessible from the main line.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  44. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

When NPT is released on Preserved Collection can we have the vacuum braked vans available for use on WSR? Not just those locos from NPT but all locos which might appear at heritage railways. They would appear to be entirely appropriate for "Demonstration Freight" which is a part of gala events on heritage lines.

• Like Like x 2
  45. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

36 tracks in Munich Hbf yet only 3 trains can leave it? Come on!

• Like Like x 4
  46. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

When setting up the routes, it would be nice to chose the start station first (e.g. Munich) and then the end point (e.g. Augsburg) - but not specific tracks, just the station. Based on those points, you get a suggestion for the possible tracks you can start from and end at (since not all tracks will be feasible to use, it might be physically impossible due to missing switches and such). And then you can chose waypoints the train should pass, such as stations on the way, but also overtaking tracks would be nice (like they are on SKA between Köln and Düren) - and then again, in a second layer you chose the specific track where the train should pass the specific waypoint. That would allow much more design possibilities, and allow for more unusual stuff (such as overtaking maneuvers, changing between S-Bahn and ICE tracks) and less frustrating to design.
    Then, it would be nice to create train formations to our own liking. The game "TransportFever2" has a really nice system for that, something like this would be huge to see on TSW2 as well, and would allow for example to couple a 3-car Talent and a 4-car Talent, or 3 Talent together, which is not possible right now.
    Last but not least, the possibility to use the portals that are used in the timetable services would be great, because now when you come to the end of the route, there is not much more traffic coming cause you run out of spawning points for trains.

• Like Like x 1
  47. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

the ability to use most of the classification tracks in cumberland yard and other depots

48. 2martens

Would like to see this. But how did you manage to run your regional train to Aachen and select the platform for the Cologne direction?

49. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I'd like the option to have services set off before our planned departure time. That way we can have scenarios where trains enter a station as we're departing and if a train is going the same way. we'd be slowed by yellows and red's along the way.

50. 2martens

You can get that by waiting longer in the start station and simply not departing before a certain time that you determine for yourself. As you cannot specify a timetable anyway, simply assume your own game-external timetable.
    As for trains causing yellows: This is possible by having AI trains start at the same time and be created before your player train in the scenario planner. In that case, they will get green before you and will block the route.