Scenario Planner Wishlist

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 21, 2020.

1. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Whack a timetable editor in there old chap, so the player can create their own. Also have the ability to copy the default timetable to edit it as per the career scenarios in TS Classic, therefore the default download will always be as the maker intended.

2. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

A consist editor for putting together stock with compatible couplings and choosing different cars to put together

and an option to increase speed limits

Eg 5 increases to 10, 10 to 15, 15 to 20, 20 to 25, 30 to 40, 40 to 50, 60 to 70, 70 to 80, 80 to 100, 90 and 100 to 125

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've already liked this request, but I've decided to also "bump" it (if that's the correct term), especially in regard to creating switching scenarios.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Yoinkermcskoinker

Imagine if we could do two routes in a scenario, like Leeds to Paddington

5. disgruntled#7463

disgruntled#7463 New Member

And a year later...I realize TSW is just TS light that runs on slower machines & consoles. That there's a lot going on in the background. But since there is a Scenario Designer, why not take one small step and allow setting up freight consists in the service editor?

6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Custom constants. Like I'm train sim where.you pick an engine and cars

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone today i propose more fonctionnality for the scenario planner
    1st thing I propose the delete of fixed services on the scenario planner and I propose something where we can choose the track from which we want to leave the depot or marshalling yard
    2nd thing I propose the addition of the constit editor in the scenario planner in game
    3rd thing I propose that we can choose the weather
    4th thing I propose the sharing of scenario between players
    5th thing add the round trips for scenario planner

• Like Like x 3
  8. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Portals

• Like Like x 1
  9. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

• Consist editor: you can connect any trains you want as long as they can couple together
    • More weather effects
    • More functionalities: ex: load cars, uncouple and decouple, go via points
    • More destinations: ex: sidings
    • Ai train auto fill: it would automatically fill in some ai trains with a criteria ex: timetable trains, off the rails trains, make trains go in only one direction, completely random trains and consists
    • More ai train spots

• Like Like x 3
  10. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

These are in (my) priority order of things I would like to see.

• Put trains anywhere on the tracks even if they can’t be driven
      • Scenic value for player - a feeling of an operating railway - immersion
    • Start in platforms
      • Passenger services
    • Start anywhere on driveable track
      • for Setting up taking over of services -and-

• Setting up for relief trains -and-

• Scenic value for player
    • Start in sidings for freight services and depot starts

• Light engine moves

• Time based starts for setting up a time table and non player services

• Trigger based starts
      • Set up things that happen when a train (player or AI) reaches a point - e.g. setting up a cross on single line running - train A sits there until train B arrives then train A departs on the track train B arrived on
    • Rule based starts e.g. check all cars are loaded/unloaded

• Couple/Uncouple anywhere

• Allow building of a train - this would get used for all kinds of other services - its an enabler

• Build long distance services that set out and pick up large cuts of cars

• Build local services where a freight or mixed travels from point A to point B and back to point A picking up and setting out cars on the way

• Adding additional locomotives for banking - i.e. player arrives at a place and has to go and start and add another locomotive to the consist to bank it through the next section then surrender it after the climb and then AI drives it back

• Being able to get past red signals deliberately to allow for relief trains to collect disabled trains in section

• Fueling so player prepares locomotives before a run or before stabling at the end of the day

• Turntable

• Switch lists - Player gets a car list in a yard and they have to find them and get them into their train before they leave - this implies cars are individually labelled and there is a way to see those labels so this is probably too hard for now as it needs game changes not just scenario planner

• Being able to set the lay of points/switch to default a yard
      • Forcing the player to follow a path I want not what the dispatcher wants - and -

• To avoid it being annoying for the player - and -

• Shunting puzzles in yards
    • Tasks e.g. Loading/Unloading (commodities and LCL)

• Adding tasks for LCL (less than car load) freight to mixed trains e.g. picking up small freight on interurban and urban services e.g. picking up milk cans in the 50s, picking up parcels from passenger stations

• Being able to pass trains that are too long for sidings - Short train goes into siding, longer train goes around

• Ability to build a working timetable for multiple days where you can work your way through it as a career for interesting challenges over time

• Like Like x 3
  11. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

I think I would enjoy an option to livery design the seats and make custom seat patterns for trains

12. Yoinkermcskoinker

This is the scenario planner wish list, not the livery designer wish list.

13. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

Oh I didn’t read it properly

14. Apollo 5

Apollo 5 Member

The freedom to create our own switching operations.

• Like Like x 1
  15. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

24 hour timetable creation

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  16. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

A random weather generator

• Like Like x 2
  17. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I would like the following features - apart from the ones already mentioned by other members on which I agree:

- Basic paths already be defined by the game.
    I mean for example for any route, one path from point A to point B and another from B to A on the "mainline".
    I routes like Koln Aachen / Munich - Augsburg which have parallel tracks for fast trains - ICE and others - and S-Bahns, also to have two paths (both directons) for the S-Bahns.
    This sometimes requires several tries until you get the right path.
    Of course people from Germany may know which is the right one, but from other countries like me it is not easy
    This will reduce a lot the time of preparing a Scenario.

- The chance a train can pass another one.
    For example I start with a Regional or Suburban service before another train. I stop on a station on a side track. Then the other train which does not stop there can surpass my train. The this train may cause some yellow and red lights in front of my train, making the ride more entretaining.
    As today feature, I have tried that, but the other train it stop on the red light, until I continue.

18. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

I said it before imma say it again if they give us more freedom scenario planner will do wonders for TSW2 AND BEYOND IT WILL TAKE IT TO ANOTHER LEVEL.......

19. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

One thing it is really annoying about current Scenario Planner, is that it finish as soon as you stop the train a the final station or end of the path!
    So there is no chance to see the train there, take some pictures, etc.
    Even there is no open doors instance, and let passengers leave the train.

It must be as on the timetables.
    The train stops, you have to open the doors, it have some time, and then when you shut the doors, then only at that instance the Scenario must end.
    In the case of a freight train, could be something similar.
    Of course in this case there is no doors to open, but could be something like provide 2 minutes until thee scenario ends.
    You might have the chance to cancel that time, by just leaving the Scenario with some joystick button

• Like Like x 2
  20. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

just be able to plop a train wherever i want, and by extension a sandbox mode

• Like Like x 1
  21. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Here i want to put 4 points, which could make a giant booster out of the existing planner, whitout making a complex 3d editor out of it:

1: Taking out the quantity limit of the self created scenarios

2: Scenario Based Consist creator:
    In this layer we could create consists inside the scenario menu. There it would be possible to creat a consist under its name from a single engine to wagons only to all which matches the coupling. Why scenario based? A global consist library would mess up too much.

3: Track and location variety:
    Right now the destinations are very limited. Every track (portal) should be selectable in a route. Even the manual switched sidings. So ai trains would manually switch like in the timetable mode.

4: Task manager:

Every driven consist could have its tasklist like. Go station x, couple consist siding y, go back station y. Those tasks could be. Go, unload / load passengers, couple / uncouple, wait for x seconds.

So with an expanded scenario planner an entire "complex" scenario can made by players without a 3d editor.

• Like Like x 1
  22. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

So when is this new scenario planner coming it can't come fast enough

• Like Like x 1
  23. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

An other point to add to my wishlist:

The possibility to select & deselect liveries in 24h timetable runs. So we have a way to filter modern stockpaints out if people play timetable mode on a 60s route for example.

This topic will get attention with the release of the first steam era routes, so i think to add the feature with scenario planner 2.0 is a good idea.

24. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

25. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Imma say this if they do this right to give us more freedom mark my word it's go completely make this game the most exciting it been for example I would love to drive the ICE on the BAKERLOO

26. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I agree the scenario Planner Needs lots of work. Same thing with the timetable. We should be able to choose what weather setting we want, without it going by scrolling the cursor. In my own experience, the scroll doesn't really do anything. They should just make it simple and easy for us fans and players to select. I like the fact that there are months added, but the thing they need to change is how the season interact with those months, For example in Winter especially December we should be able to choose how much snow we want because there is time in December that it doesn't snow at all, but the player should still have the right to choose what they want the snow to be whether its heavy snow, like snowstorm or light to medium snow. The same thing applies to when it rains as well because there is some month that it rains as well. In real life, weather can always change, and I think they should add an option where random weather changes while we are driving our train because, in real life, the weather does stay, it changes based on the cloud and the weather. Basically what I am saying here is to Revamp the whole scenario planner, and make it easy for hard, and make it more realistic.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  27. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Lol we still think this late into this game being out that they will ever take our requests on this seriously? They aren't going to change anything. We've been asking for years now and none of the new releases have had any improvements that we have requested.

28. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

You can. Just select off the rails mode. That let's you choose any of your trains.

29. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

You can't though because it's too long for the platform

• Like Like x 2
  30. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

EXACTLY WHICH WHY THEY NEED TO UPGRADE SCENARIO PLANNER BADDDDDD WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO OPERATE ANY TRAIN ON ANY PLATFORM REGARDLESS OF PLATFORM RESTRICTIONS A ICE TRAIN ON THE BAKERLOO WOULD BE INSTANT MAGIC

• Like Like x 1
  31. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

I said it once imma say it again if they upgrade this thing right they will take this game to another level

• Like Like x 1
  32. Yoinkermcskoinker

I’m deffo the same, I would play TSW2 10x more if they actually made scenario planner useable

33. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Perfect example Rhein Ruhr Osten to me needs a Scenario planner update in the worst worst way

34. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Peninsula corridor is another great example where it seem like it's hard to get the train u want on that track

35. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to put the Western region 101 onto scenario planner, I've done some liveries for them but not found a way to transfer them to other routes

36. greggryan2

greggryan2 Active Member

- Change Load times for stops
    - All Portals are rechable for AI services to be sent to the vault.
    - Option to have Portals spawn more than just one service but repeat every so often
    - Options to be able to schedule trains to more than point A to B but instead A to B maybe Via C or A to B, C, D then finishing at E
    - COUPLE AND UNCOUPLEING OPTIONS A big one for me, being able to have AI & Player Couple with services and uncouple make it more immersive.

These are a small amount of Scenario Editor updates that really need to be actioned the Scenario Editor is dying out because it limits so much. Just Release the editor have people who want to use its sign an NDA / EULA whatever sony would want them to sign so they can use it. Please just because the community can't or some may not be able to use UE4 or Sony believe scenarios made won't work on consoles leave that for Sony to deal with them tye of complaints or add in the disclaimer.

If you are scared people will use the editor to play the game rather than purchasing the game have them pay a price for the editor or require them to by the Epic game version or verify they've bought the game and then allow them access to retrieve the Editor.

This can't go on gamers are moving back to TS2021/22 because of the scenario creation abilities in that. Yet TSW2 Looks so much better i'd rather make complex and play Scenarios on there.

• Like Like x 1
  37. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

So when is this scenario planner 2.0 coming out it seem like it's not moving on the road map??? But again when it do come it go totally take this game to another level

38. SwissLetsplay

SwissLetsplay New Member

Ich wünschte, dass ... wäre möglich.
    - Manövrieren
    - Wetter anpassen
    - das Szenario teilen
    - und was bereits besser gemacht wird.

39. marceldiehr02

marceldiehr02 Active Member

It would be cool to be able to put together your own trains. E.g. BR 143 with IC car. In addition, it would be cool Rename the names of stops.

40. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I did this without scenario planer mods. aafa76ca-c993-4e92-a92e-4d2b7d19f6a8.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  41. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

Shunting. So for example I could spawn in Aachen plattform 1 with one loco, then go to a point in front of the station to switch onto another track and then couple to any waggons(selected in scenario planner) on plattform 2 and depart as a service to Köln.

42. marceldiehr02

It would be cool to select created scenarios in timetable mode.

43. marceldiehr02

CrazyHorseyMan but that can be quite corrosive. I, for example, want to drive something immediately after work without maneuvering it first

44. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

This feature would be of course optional, so you could operate a service immediately.

45. alphasquad#7151

alphasquad#7151 Member

To place what locos you want in order you want so u can make long trains with like 10 locos (example)

46. marceldiehr02

it would also be cool to be able to create unlimited timetables

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. alphasquad#7151

alphasquad#7151 Member

i so agree

48. alphasquad#7151

alphasquad#7151 Member

lol, 1000000 cars!!!

• Like Like x 1
  49. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Being able to do scenarios where you're just shunting in the yard and watching the AI go past you.

• Like Like x 1
  50. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

It would be really cool if you could add the option, that a player creates it's train and that there is an option that AI trains generate automatically, this would make it much quicker to make a scenario