Scenarios Reset In Route Menu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldVern, Jul 26, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

My search fu has failed me on this. Just been struck by the dreaded disappearance of all the gold/silver/bronze stars and green ticks to indicate which scenarios I’ve completed. Recall seeing something about this a while ago and a possible solution, but can’t find it. Can anyone remind me what I need to do to get the information back, please?

I am signed into Dovetail Live (on both TSC and TSW2).

Of course it would also be nice if DTG fixed their buggy game to prevent this happening in the first place.

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not sure this is in DTG's hands alone.

You're looking for this (search function depends on thread starter adding tags):

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/solved-the-complete-star-has-disappeared.54981/
    Read the whole thread, I was learning as I was going...

Do you have Steam cloud saves enabled? Then you only need to delete Content\SDBCache.bin.

If the file "Career.xml" (Steam\userdata\<STEAMID>\24010\remote\career.xml) is intact and synchronized with the Cloud then everything's fine. This stores your progress and reapplies the stats to the Scenario Database after deleting (that's what takes so long).

I assume you did not accidently reset the scores yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2022
  3. OldVern

Not sure about Steam Cloud. If it’s on by default they probably yes, but I will need to check.

And no I did not reset myself, at least not knowingly. Wonder if the cause might be when Dovetail Live logs you out?

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

No. I'm never logged into Dovetail Live.

So delete the SDBCache.bin as the first option - might bring everything back then. If not, then your career.xml has been reset (The button is very close to the game's "Clear Cache" button...)

5. OldVern

Just checked and Steam cloud not enabled. Think I disabled it after issues with Snowrunner resetting my game and losing my save, sending me all the way back to the start in Michigan. So I guess not a lot I can do at this point. Will try deleting the SDBCache.bin anyway as nothing to lose. I know I hit ClearCache a couple of times when getting OOM with the Met Line but adamant I didn't hit reset career.

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

You can enable the Cloud for each game separately... well, you can take a look at the career.xml and see if it has some lines ;)

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I take it it's you that Run 8's "Career.xml" aka Vernometer is named after? :D

8. OldVern

It is indeed!

9. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Oh gawd don't start him off on the Vernometer, we will never hear the end :D :D ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. OldVern

:cool:
    Although I haven't actually done much in Run 8, of late...

• Like Like x 1
  11. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

After the brake failure on the Santa Fe F3 I instantly quit TS and fired up Run 8 to relax and calm down... and find I can trust my engine :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

It's good to laugh Vern :D ;)