Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen: Talent 2 Tutorial

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by palme111100, Aug 23, 2020.

1. palme111100

palme111100 Active Member

Has anyone an idea why we are forced to set the headlights to high beam while the narrator says "for normal operation"? I really doubt high beam is "normal operation", I'd say it's the "marker lights" position that has to be set or am I missing something here?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I didn't get it either. I turned the headlights on "high beam" because the tutorial told me to, but in scenarios or timetable services I would put it, indeed, in "marker lights". High beam is usually only used in bad weather like heavy rain or mist, so I don't see the point of blinding everyone on a sunny day :D

3. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

How would you blind everyone on a sunny day, it's almost impossible? As far as I know, here in Sweden the high beam is the default setting for driving, while dimmed lights are used when approaching stations and meeting other oncoming trains.

4. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

So I decided to do my research a bit better this time. ;) I have watched a documentary about lights on German trains, and after that a lot of trainspotting videos where a Talent 2 is passing by. Both around stations and in the countryside. I haven't seen a single train use the high beam, even when the weather was not so great the normal beam was used as seen in this video:

So I assume that high beam is only used at night or in *very* bad weather, because I haven't seen an example of such a situation :) I think they would turn it temporarily to normal when approaching a station though.

• Like Like x 2