Screen Flickering And Losing Signal

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Julian Medina, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Julian Medina

Julian Medina New Member

Hi all:
    I am new to Train Sim World 2. I went through the tutorial and am playing Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen. During gameplay, my screen constantly flickers and loses signal. I have a second hand XFX RX 580 GPU, AMD Ryzen 3700X, 16 GB RAM, and 1TB M.2 SSD. My PSU is a Corsair RM750 that was just replaced. Connected to Samsung monitor via DisplayPort. I haven't seen this issue with other games I've played on here so far. This Sim seems really fun so am hoping to fix the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Do you happen to be running in exclusive (as opposed to borderless) fullscreen? Is the game crashing at all?

3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Losing signal sounds like a hardware problem... I had the same due to a faulty DisplayPort cable. Swapped it out and no more problems.

4. Julian Medina

Julian Medina New Member

Thanks! Will have to check but I think I tried both modes and still had issues. No crashes.

5. Julian Medina

Julian Medina New Member

This is the cable that shipped with the monitor. I have another DP cable I can try out though. This game might be more intense graphics wise but I have ran Cities: Skylines without any problems.

6. Julian Medina

Julian Medina New Member

Was going through my old messages and person that gave me the GPU seemed to have the exact same issue with graphic intense games. He mentioned adjusting a setting. I'll play with it more tomorrow.

7. Callum B.

Try using software like MSI Afterburner to lower the core/memory clockspeeds. Perhaps it's unstable?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Julian Medina

Julian Medina New Member

Thanks. He said something about "overdrive app power control". I'll try going through the settings more. Perhaps there is something I am missing.

9. Callum B.

Overdrive is a software suite for Radeon GPUs (such as your own). As I have never owned a Radeon GPU myself, I am not familiar with it, but I would look for settings regarding power limits and try either turning them up or down. If your game was hanging and crashing, I would assume that it is not being given enough voltage to run at its core frequency. However, since your game is not crashing, I am wondering if it is a form of artefacting from too much power and too high frequency? I am not sure, but again, try turning up or down the power limits and see if there are any changes.

10. Julian Medina

Julian Medina New Member

Thanks! I have been playing around with the settings since I’ve gotten back home from work. Increasing power level didn’t do anything. Made the Max frequency 1100mHz and got through an entire station stop without a flicker. Hopefully that was it!

• Like Like x 1