Screen Settings Broken? ... And Menu Suggestions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by conniethunder, Sep 16, 2022.

1. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I've been playing around with Video settings to try and find the 'sweet spot' for my aging PC that gives me a 'taste' of the new sky/weather effects, without killing my FPS.

On the 'Screen Settings' page, you have the pre-set options for Low, Medium, High & Ultra. Selecting one of these however, doesn't appear to change ANY of the settings on the 'Advanced Settings' page. E.G. setting all the advanced settings to High, then returning to the 'Screen' page and setting the pre-set to 'Medium', WILL NOT change any advanced settings down to 'Medium'.
    I assume this to be a bug unless you can tell me what exactly those Screen pre-sets are changing?

My UI Menu suggestion comes from wanting to drive a particular Locomotive. Under the 'Trains' page, you have the option to set Newest, A-Z & Z-A. I would like to see the options for American, British, German, Swiss (and any others I've missed). While I am familiar with a lot of loco 'codes', it would be much nicer to have these new 'Sort' options rather than clicking on every loco to see it's 'Flag' on the right hand side in order to pick for E.G. an American Loco. I also see no point in the Z-A option.
    If this isn't a feasible request, then can we at least add filters to the 'Search' box, again E.G. American, etc shows only those Locos?

While my preference is for the 'Trains' page, it could also be applied to the 'Routes' page with the same 'Sort' options OR word filters.

Many thanks :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I've vaguely wondered about the purpose of the graphics pre- set myself.

• Helpful Helpful x 1