PlayStation Sehs And My Opinion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nick Y, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, here's my opinion on SEHS for PS4.

Firstly, there are a few niggles.
    Lighting being one that others have mentioned.
    Scenery can be sparse on the HS1 part of the route.
    There's also the usual issue of scenery appearing late as you approach, particularly on the HS1 section.
    Some scenarios and timetabled journeys seem to be bugged and related to the TVM or TPWSIS.

The scenery on the slower part of the line is ok. The stations seem to be well modelled, as do the trains. There's also dynamic passenger information screens at stations so they update if running late which is a very nice touch and the level crossings on the route are fully working with lights and sounds. If you zoom ahead of your train, you can watch the lights start to flash, hear the klaxon warning and watch the barriers come down. All those things add to the realism and immersion of the game.
    The full route from St Pancras to Faversham takes just over an hour to complete with the 395 (Javelin). It has a relatively short high speed section from St Pancras (roughly 15 mins) and then it becomes just like another commuter route.
    The 375 routes take roughly 45-50 minutes depending on stops etc.
    The power changeover at Ebbsfleet is a little tricky at first but once you've done it a few times, it's relatively easy and quick.
    The TVM system on the 395 is quite good and has been used on the LGV route.
    The train controls are a single power and brake handle and the usual buttons and switches (headlights, wipers, door controls etc). Not all buttons are useable but there are buttons and switches in other trains that aren't used or needed to be used by the player.

Is it a good route: Yes
    Is it playable: Yes
    Is it enjoyable: Yes
    Is it different: Yes
    Are there bugs: Yes
    Will these issues be patched: Yes

I really enjoy playing this route because of the mix it provides between high speed and slower commuter runs.

My one main niggle with SEHS is relating to the timetable. I've run lots of services on this route and doing the full length with the 395, I always seem to end up late at the far end.
    I ran a route this morning (1F08 St Pancras to Faversham) and from Gravesend to Chatham I was chasing red lights, resulting in being late by 4 minutes at Faversham and losing lots of AP as a result. I was stopped at a red just outside Strood for 2 minutes.

• Like Like x 2