PlayStation Sehs - Pantograph Question On Class 395

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cottonmouth, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Hi Guys,
    Well I took the plunge and got the SEHS and so far enjoying. Just started the 395 intro and gone through the two power sections and noticed that when doing the second part which has you engaging the Pantograph, I noticed that when looking outside only the one at the other end of the Train has lifted and not the one close to the Drivers cab. Is that normal on these trains?
    [​IMG]

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

If you mean in comparison to real life- usually the front pantograph is raised and the rear pantograph is down. The rear pantograph can be used instead though without any speed restriction. Of course, you can’t have both pantographs in one set up because it’s the same power bus line.

With two sets, there’ll be one pantograph raised per set as they are both different bus lines. This will be the very front pantograph and the very rear pantograph raised (so the extreme/outer ends). If it’s a different arrangement, then there would be a speed restriction of either 80 or 100mph maximum depending on arrangement.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Thanks Olaf you have answered by question fully. I was not questioning on the real life as I have not got a clue on what should be up or down. Just an observation on TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. phoenixbondi

phoenixbondi New Member

I had the same thought in my head, lucky for me i know someone with my know than I, and he helped me :D