Route Semmeringbahn - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by DTG Alex, Apr 18, 2024.

1. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

I also noticed the R and F keys dont work there, damn

2. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I have to correct myself on this point. The reading light is dimmable and the switch is at its correct position (simply hard to see at this spot...). However, when you switch it on for the first time, it is already at 100% brightness and it is still way to dim in order to use it for anything.

3. razmatus#2517

stupid question maybe, but does 4024 have some switch for "passenger/train lights"? I dont mean headlights :)

4. dnv3

dnv3 Well-Known Member

Do you mean the interior light?
    Mybe this? IMG_1068.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. ben#6357

ben#6357 Member

A blue sign floats in the grass at the “Steinhaus am Semmering” train station.

Screenshot (9).png

• Like Like x 4
  6. dnv3

dnv3 Well-Known Member

So I personally have to say that the new Austrian route was really damn badly built/So many floating things so many mistakes so, they have to fix it...

• Like Like x 2
  7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I think the route is not bad, a bit annoying on my very first ride the building out of stone was used 10x between mürzuschlag and gloggniz. The exact same house, it became repetitive, why not make 3 different ones?

Same on kassel würzburg. Litterally the only buildings (sheds) on the tracks outside the few stations is this shed with graffiti, placed 5x alongside.

I agree DTG cant create a separate asset for every house, but lately its way too repetitive. Both examples above i noticed on the first run.

2. I would like to get an official answer from DTG when we can see the fixes of the 1116 and things reported on the route.

post edit: Turns out the 10 dublicated houses are in fact existing as 55 identical guard houses along the line in reality. ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Well-Known Member

Since solicitr's comment in the other thread about "American white pines and larches instead of fir and spruce" it's been really hard to unsee them for me :') Together with the lack of typical Austrian/Bavarian architecture for the houses, it does take away from the experience for me.

After a first run with atrocious performance, somehow it now runs fine on my laptop, thankfully. But on Steam Deck, this route performs very badly with the same settings I use for other routes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. razmatus#2517

ok thx will try when back at home :)

10. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi traindori ,
    It would be really helpful if you could let us know what platform you are on and where the performance is at its worst. We are seeing a few players mentioning performance issues, but there is a lack of context. Therefore, it would be really appreciated if affected players could reach out to Dovetail Support with more details.

In my own experience, running the route on mid-range hardware by today's standard (RTX 2070 Super, i7 9700F), overall performance is pretty smooth on a vanilla installation. This is not my first run on the route, but we know the first run will always be worse and stuttering can be mitigated, but not eliminated.

Example (Scenario: Firewatch, High Settings, 1440P, 60 FPS Limit):
    upload_2024-4-22_10-23-36.png

• Like Like x 3
  11. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Specs see signature. Performs well on my system, capped at 75 FPS, running TSW4 under DX12, only a few expected cache related stutters on first run, nothing dramatic.

No shader cache related Engine.ini changes. (Had tried a lot of these changes, but eventually found it's best to leave them on default for me.)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. spamdog#2920

spamdog#2920 New Member

RJ neue Generation (c) ÖBB Harald Eisenberger.jpg Hello!
    If I select locomotive 1116, RJ (RailJet) trains appear in the schedule. However, if I select Vectron, the RJ trains disappear from the schedule.
    I spoke with my friend who works at ÖBB and according to his claim, Vectrons already serve the RJ trains running in Semmering. Over the past few days, ÖBB has already presented a Vectron control car to the general public.
    Make sure that RJ trains can also be towed with Vectron.

• Like Like x 3
  13. cabbepe#2092

cabbepe#2092 New Member

I tested the 1116 on Salzburg - Rosenheim on an EC train. When you com over the border you get a PZB 85km/h restriction. When you aknowledge, the loco slows down to 80 km/h. I got surprised and tested again, not using LZB this time. Same result. It seem that the AFB and PZB somehow are working together. But you still have to aknowledge PZB, I expect. Haven't tried that, as Matt missed that in the stream.:love:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spikee1975

Still, the blinking indicator after using PZB Release is still wrong. (In fact PZB will still be monitoring in the background until the full 1,250 metres after the 1000 Hz influence are passed. That background monitoring is somehow wired to the indicators via UE4 spaghetti, a long standing issue on various locos in TSW.)

Clipboard and Reading Lights intensity should be increased - they are useless atm.

I have adjusted the blueprint, Clipboard light to 30 Lumen, Reading Lights to 30,000 Intensity. Fix is included in my CabCam mod.
    2024-04-22 13_23_40-Train Sim World 4®.png

• Like Like x 3
  15. OpenMinded

To my knowledge this is not correct! Only speeding up it should restrict you, however, not while slowing down... Vectron is correctly modelled, though.

I have made some more details about it here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/semmeringbahn-feedback-thread.80744/page-2#post-829670

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Spikee1975

I was referring to the PZB sending a signal to the AFB when under influence - something which is not available on older locos, where only LZB/ETCS communicates with AFB. As to accelerating / decelerating, I do not know, therefore believe you. Post edited accordingly to not spread misinformation.

• Like Like x 4
  17. OpenMinded

Just to make this clear, I dont know anyone who drives the ÖBB Taurus, hence, I dont know for sure either. But I know it is definately correctly modelled on the Vectron and it does not make sense to have the AFB brake you when acknowleding PZB, due to mentioned reasons. And, besides, it would not be the first time DTG models a bug into a loco;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. razmatus#2517

I havent noticed this yet as I tend to start braking well in advance or harder if I feel bolder therefore it might get lost in the overall braking I am already doing at that moment :)

19. zardinis#1045

zardinis#1045 New Member

Does anyone else have the problem (PS5), that you can't use the 1116 on the S-Bahn Vorarlberg route? Cant spawn it in free roam because it "doesn't fit in the scenario" and also in the formation Designer, the BMZ coaches are not included.

20. DJsnapattack

DJsnapattack Well-Known Member

You should give pictorial examples to aid the DTG correct them, just saying its bad doesn't help anyone.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. dnv3

dnv3 Well-Known Member

I have been doing since the release/I have only made one statement, which reflects the quality of the DLC Error happens everywhere I am aware of that. I'm also just here to help. /I have already submitted a report to the employees with many errors and one on the route and on the ÖBB 1116

22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Neutral zone- cosmetic only.

At Km 60 there is signage for a neutral zone. But nothing happens, you can blithely drive through without so much as a blip in power.

• Like Like x 1
  23. solicitr

May be because the Vectron in game is Railpool, not OBB

24. razmatus#2517

worked for me... I was ready for this section, doing this with Vectron, and I re-engaged the MCB too early and it cut power :) ... I believe also in 4024, I forgot to do that MCB thing and it cut power

edit: will try it today after work or so just to be sure... tho if it is sth more ppl experience, they will surely look into it since it is kinda big deal, as it is part of overall challenge

25. foggy#2817

foggy#2817 New Member

I only have some lag at Wiener Neustadt freightyard and more stuttering when on foot at busy intermediate stations (with two trains stopped in the station and lots of passengers)

26. Matin_TSP

Matin_TSP Well-Known Member

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but can we make sure a future update enables repaints for the 1116 Bmz coaches to spawn randomly in timetable?

• Like Like x 2
  27. razmatus#2517

anyone else encountered this?

28. OpenMinded

They certainly do on my install (PC Steam)

• Like Like x 1
  29. razmatus#2517

may I know pls what stations is this between? so I can properly and efficiently test this in Free roam (quickest way to do it) :)

30. Matin_TSP

Matin_TSP Well-Known Member

sorry, i meant the Bmz coaches! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

These building are the guard/safety houses that are placed about every kilometer along the pass. They are exactly the same, though in real life they vary in condition from well used to derelict.
    This is based on this cabride video.
    Cab ride Vienna - Graz (Semmering Railway, Austria) - train driver's view in 4K (youtube.com)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  32. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

For me, strangely enough, it's the forests around St. Egyden that draw a lot of performance (the FPS here sometimes goes down from 60 FPS to 35 FPS) and not the mountain areas at all, because everything usually runs smoothly there. I use a GeForce 3070.

33. solicitr

Not far west of Wiener Neustadt

• Like Like x 1
  34. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the cab ride link. You are right, cant blame DTG to make it like on the real route ;) lol. Im gonna send my complaint to öbb for building 20x the same house.

I hope DTG is fixing the reported bugs, then this route will be a 9/10 for a rating.

• Like Like x 1
  35. razmatus#2517

ok, will do it in free roam, since free roam doesnt have time constraints, and I believe I should see a power readout nicely... so far I have done only three runs, one from Murzzuschlag, a pseudo CJX from Payerbach-Reichenau and one from Wiener Neustadt... since I follow the signs, I usually havent noticed anything (I turn off the Hauptschalter at the proper sign and close it again a bit after the sign)... but when I was doing the Vectron Express run, I remember I closed the MCB a bit too soon and it cut the power, so I had to close it again afterwards

but just to be sure I will test it in both directions with Vectron, 1116 and 4024 and will post it here :)

36. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Loco traction motor sounds cut out a LOT on Ps5, seems odd for one of the defining features of the 1216 to be broken…

37. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

The 1216 still has the pre TSW4 rain effects

38. OpenMinded

In addition to what I have already written about this loco:

I have to say that I am enyoing the 1116 more and more. Especially the sound is a joy to listen to (although I also have the bug that sometimes some sound effects are not present any more after a while of driving, also, the engine room is way too quite).

I am very impressed to see that driving in a double fomation has apparently seen some research and effort being put into it, as it seems to run quite well. I was very happy to see "SG" pop up in my main MFD when the slave starts to slip. But there also seems to be a problem. When you select increased electric brake force, it does not seem to be carried over to the slave, as this one still brakes with the decreased force:
    upload_2024-4-22_21-20-53.png
    (If I want to be picky, the crossed off kN should also be displayed for the second loco, I believe)

When I manually enable it on the second loco it seems to work just fine:
    upload_2024-4-22_21-22-14.png

But I was going to talk about the door control. Obviously you have modelled ÖBB and DB procedures by selecting the door control type on the back wall of the cab. The DB functionallity remains the same as we have seen previously. No "T" in the MFD, which is correct. However, for the ÖBB mode you have only modelled the blue "T" symbol for the MFA:
    upload_2024-4-22_22-8-7.png
    The way it works is that the blue "T" is actually shown in the line below, where you have modelled it. It is only lid when stationary (<5kph) and all doors are closed. A yellow "T" will be shown where you have modelled the blue "T", when the doors are open.

EDIT: forgot to mention, the voice “Türfreigabe” should be disabled when the door mode selector switch is not on “DB”…

Probably not all of this will be corrected, however, it would be nice to get stuff right which has a direct impact on train physical behaviour, like the EB increase on master and slave locos. For me the door control would more be a nice to have, tbh.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  39. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

As In mentioned: My new favourite TSW4-route!

One small thing I have to post here (PS5):

On the 4024 PIS, the long station name of "Payerbach-Reichenau" reads "yerbach-Reichen". This should be changed into "Payerbach-R.", as it is mostly used in real life.

40. razmatus#2517

ok man, you were right, but only partially... I have tested the hell out of this, pretty much every loco and MU I had except ICEs, which means anything that had german BR there, and also 442

out of all the locos, the 4024 worked (although sometimes it showed crossed kN on the in-cab display, sometimes not, but it CUT the power where it was supposed to and I had to close MCB to get power again), the Vectron worked (also showed the CUT power on the display to the left) and for some weird reason, 442's displays didnt work, but the train still got power and CUT power where it was supposed to

so, 4024, Vectron and 442 (go figures how and why?) work... and other German/Austrian locos (including all variants of EuroSprinter) didnt work

and then, a red lightbulb started beeping in my head so I went on and tested it... which was NEUTRAL SECTIONS - in Vorarlberg, Rosenheim and this... the ONLY train/loco that consistently WORKED in NEUTRAL SECTIONS was 4024... Vectron didnt work, only on Semmeringbahn, for some reason

so... I kinda feel like crying, for real... until now I have believed that the neutral sections on German/Austrian DLCs are there for real, and each time I saw those signs, I genuinely opened MCB, waited for another sign, and reengaged it, everywhere I saw it... and now I feel like a complete fool... has this actually been brought up in Troubleshooting? Should I maybe create a thread for it there? I dont know... y know, smaller things have "derailed" me before, but this is kinda big deal... I mean, ever since they introduced this (in marketing and all), it was a nice challenge... watching out for those signs and then being vigilant and ready to do those switch actions when needed

and now I find out I could have just blasted through those :/ damn

=> this is me right now
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Spikee1975

Mastery feedback - working without issues on Steam :)

2024-04-23 02_52_48-Train Sim World 4®.png
    2024-04-23 02_55_54-Train Sim World 4®.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Kamaratko

Kamaratko Member

Thank you for confirmation of this bug on Semmeringbahn DLC, definetly not buying this route , this is just another route where Dualsense circle button is malfunctioned (until this only om older routes, explained here : https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dualsense-circle-button-malfunction.80664/ ) developers should work at optimalization of PS5 version too when the DLCs cost same price as for PC! As well lot of people complaining here for weird working magnets, weird functioning loco.. Scenery can be nice but when safety systems are bugged and I cant use SIFA this route like on many other routes and nobody from PS5 optimalization team cares, its not for me.

43. finnus#2462

finnus#2462 New Member

In TSC the ÖBB 1116 has a different view on the main monitor, when LZB becomes active. You can see the new speed limit and the distance until there. I tried the 1116 on Ausgburg - München and there is nothing. The train controls the speed and brakes correctly, but as a driver you don't really know whats going on, if you don't use the HUD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Spikee1975

LZB distance / speed display is indeed not working on the Taurus. Tested on KWG.

LZB Monitoring active (Ü) - no data on the display
    2024-04-23 11_49_53-Train Sim World 4®.png

Should look like this:
    2024-04-23 11_59_52-Steam.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  45. razmatus#2517

as for neutral sections, I checked the preview stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/live/xkQJQaII_q8?si=41iowrgQidRMQeSz&t=4850
    and it is shown here, and he is like yeah it tripped... no it didnt :D the crossed kN is there cos he was braking... I tested the section with 1116 and I blasted through with throttle applied and still going and increasing speed, no MCB tripped

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Please fix the ladies voice repeating again and again it’s so annoying

• Like Like x 2
  47. spamdog#2920

spamdog#2920 New Member

rj_1116.jpg
    This is not entirely the case in this form.
    If I put an ÖBB or GySEV (Raaberbahn) skin on the Vectron,
    all trains disappear from the schedule. These are Austrian railway companies.

Also, I noticed that there are no 1st class or Business class railcars in the trains, neither in the RJ nor the EC nor in the NJ trains.

However, there is already a working RailJet and NightJet skin for 1116, which also works.
    Unfortunately, I have not yet found a working RJ or NJ skin for the cars.

• Like Like x 1
  48. iamfd

iamfd Member

I first spotted this during the Milkshake Scenario, now again on the EC 107 Wien -> Trieste Service. (Journey Mode)
    The 500hz PZB magnet at ~KM 69,0 is placed for trains heading towards Mürzzuschlag/Graz. This magnet would be way too far from the Main Signal, so i looked up a Cabride video and saw that there is indeed a 500hz magnet, but for trains heading towards vienna!
    Please fix this, as this will always cause a Zwangsbremsung because of overspeed, as you don’t have enough time to slow down from 160kmh.
    41:40

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. razmatus#2517

I believe there is already a 1000Hz before that (a double yellow), so you should be already around 80 kmh... and since you know of this place between those barriers, just steadily slow down to 60 (I believe the limit is 65 kmh) and slowly go down towards 40 unless you get cleared afterwards :)

50. chris#8132

chris#8132 Member

I drove the EC 151 service in journey mode. When I stopped in Semmering (and for the rest of the service) I couldn't hear the typical Taurus scale. At the beginning of the service everything was normal. So, I think its a bug

• Like Like x 2