Series X And Tsw2, Upgrades You Would Like To See!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appledates#4945, Jun 18, 2021.

1. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    With a version of TSW2 on the way that will be optimized for the Series X, what upgrades would you like to see come to this version? I personally would love to see an increase to draw distance as well as the ability to have more freight cars on trains. I am looking forward to the upgraded version and also can’t wait for Rush hour!

• Like Like x 2
  2. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

Draw distance and more AI traffic would be nice. I'm really looking forward to the update!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

As a PS5 player, I’d like to see increased draw distance, improved higher resolution texturing, all layers active on HMA, the full timetable on GWE, increased passenger numbers and the ability to perhaps tweak performance settings like you can on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

More ai trains.

• Like Like x 3
  5. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Improved draw distance is by far the biggest ask for me as the current state of affairs is a real immersion killer.
    Performance in general is already better on Series X but additional performance gains and more layers, AI trains and passengers is also high on the list.
    The graphics already look good to my eyes, but I wouldn’t complain if we got improved textures.

• Like Like x 1
  6. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Improved draw distance and all layers on HMA and GWE :)

7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is down to the timetable , not console performance

8. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

For the S/X better draw distance, better optimised, graphics, more traffic. and lots more that I wont list

• Like Like x 1
  9. sparkymarky800

sparkymarky800 Member

Draw distance is at the top of my list too along with some passengers/people.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

More AI traffic/layers, longer routes with many yards, complex scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'd say just about all the bases have been covered above. My personal priorities are improved draw distance and complete layer parity with PC.

My other major issues are with sound and lighting that i'm hoping the UE4 update will help with.

Further down the road, my biggest hope is for a massively improved dispatcher, but that probably won't arrive until support for last-gen consoles is dropped (if this in fact happens- certainly not for at least a year for there to be a sufficient playerbase).

• Like Like x 1
  12. jackunion

jackunion Member

Draw distance.

More realistic passenger volumes:
    - Like on the Bakerloo line most of the zone 1 stations are very busy throughout the day and volume eases off as you go further out towards Zone 5.
    - On Cathcart Circle, morning timetable routes should be very busy heading into Glasgow Central in the AM peak and very busy leaving in the PM peak.

Also both of those routes go through stations that serve major event arenas (Wembley Central for Wembley and Mount Florida for Hampden park.) Would like to see them absolutely packed occasionally.

13. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Stable 60 fps performance.

For me, this would be more important than anything else. I wish the developers would lower the resolution. Native 4K rendering is a waste... 1800p would be enough even on a 4K screen, while helping with performance. Then, only make as much graphical improvements that are feasible within the 16.66 ms budget. Object LOD distance and shadow draw distance are the most critical aspects, but they are also the heaviest on the CPU and GPU. So I hope the developers will not go overboard and break the performance profile just to churn up some settings.

• Like Like x 4
  14. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

As I've watched youtube videos of USA trains taking 10mins to pass a level crossing,
    how about in scenario planner
    an infinite number of wagons and as many locos as required positioned wherever you want?

15. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I'd like to have controller vibration like Train Simulator has, for that extra bit of immersion and tactile feedback.

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Improved draw distance, better texture resolution and more diverse passengers. Cities like london, boston, nyc are extremely diverse so I would like to see different looking people. Asians perhaps, muslims different black people especially since I am African American. Perhaps passengers carrying luggage and having umbrellas when raining.

• Like Like x 1
  17. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

A lot of the things people have said above for me; and I do hope that this brings TSW (Consoles) up to a PC Standard.
    I think as well that AI Layers (which to be fair they said they want to do more of) would be good - for example Southeastern at Victoria.

Another thing I'd like to see is Concourse information at major Stations.
    After all we already have these types of boards; c312334a-9add-45c8-8a24-d8c1adcd82e8.jpeg
    And they would be good to see.
    Especially at busier stations like Munich & Victoria.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gordon

Gordon New Member

Improved Draw Distance is a must. I can see no reason why it shouldn’t be comparable to the PC version given the strength of the console.
    Secondly, I’d like to see the train cabs’ gauges and button descriptions to be looking as clear and sharp as the PC version. I mean, they’re OK on my Series X with TSW2’s 4K setting-mode but they’re still “softer” than the PC version.

• Like Like x 1
  19. residentgames21

residentgames21 New Member

1080p 120fps, 4k 60fps optimized of course it won't have everything with ultra settings but in My case improved graphics would be awesome.

More people not only at rush hour. Dinamic wheather plus fixing the sky resolution

20. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

I've now got the series x and it runs a lot smoother. One thing that needs to improve -and excuse my lack of technical knowledge- but if I drive a route in 'summer clear', the scenery looks a lot worse than if I drive when it's cloudy or rainy. For example, I notice that some trees flicker continuously, even if I am still and not moving. This really irritates me. Hopefully it'll get sorted.

21. Coastway trainspotter

I think it’s just because your vision will be a lot clearer so more scenery can be seen , so more memory would be used so you could see all the scenery clearly

• Like Like x 1
  22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Haputstrecke München Augsburg all layers activated and 4k support to take advantage of the Xbox series X abilities

23. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

What I would like to see come from the update to Series X and PS5 versions is;

HMA layers active

General improved performance such as 4K and scenery distances and also asset loading speeds being improved like the catenary poles when going at high speeds

Create potential for development of longer and busier routes (perhaps even Bakerloo and more LIRR services)

24. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

We received some information about the Series X and PS5 versions of TSW2 due out this summer. Matt talked about how they want these “Next Gen” versions on par or close to the PC versions. He also stated how they wouldn’t hold anything back on the “Next gen” versions to keep in line with the last generation console versions. This was stated in the June 29th road map stream and it was certainly was very exciting to hear this news!

• Like Like x 2
  25. Coastway trainspotter

Does anyone know if HMA layers will become present on series s as well ?

26. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Eh, just a resolution choice users can make based on their hardware would be fine. I play on a 1080p monitor and while rendering at 4k delivers a VERY smooth image from the supersampling, I would probably not lose too much by rendering at 1440p, but it would open up a lot more space for turning up other settings. If I was on a 4k monitor, I'd probably want native resolution so as not to lose anything scaling a lower resolution image to it.