1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Mode Timetables

Discussion in 'Community Projects & Developer's Area' started by Trenomarcus, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Active Member

Service Mode, now Timetables, of Train Sim World is excellent. I think it is probably the most significant addition in TSW compared to TS. However, no in-game passenger information service is currently available, making service mode still more like a big collection of services than a way to really enjoy an entire day of train life.

In the beginning, DTG produced few pdf timetables that fixed a bit the problem, but they are no more doing that, and the old pdf files seem no more available too. Then, some very helpful community members started to produce new and updated timetables for the different routes, which is excellent.

However, I always felt that the pdf solution is too basic, and something more advanced will be helpful. So, I've started to develop a web service/site that you can find here:

https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com

Timetables have been produced by combining information from my personal playing experience with the pdf timetables I was able to find around online (credits in the about page). In the about page you can find the list of currently available routes (more will be added soon). In many cases, I've added the platforms/sidings at which the services are stopping. The information about the platforms and sidings is complicated to obtain without actually playing the services, so it will be slowly expanded in the future.

The main feature of the site is probably the ability to see a list of connecting services for each train (within a 15 min limit). This will help to plan a proper "workday" by choosing multiple connected services to play.
    In case a service is run by the same consist (e.g., by changing loco end), this is indicated as "follow up".

The site has been optimized to be run on mobile so that it can be used during actual gaming.

Hope you enjoy,
    Cheers :)

smtimetables_2.png smtimetables_3.png smtimetables_4.png smtimetables_5.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 13
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Ive just been on to check it out (on my phone) and it is indeed a superb piece of work. I hope you can develop it further as it will be a great asset for people to use. I know I will be although GWE and NTP tend to be my routes of choice- something about that rattly 101 has me hooked.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  3. Trenomarcus

Added the Great Western Express timetable (both passenger and freight) and improved the visualization of locations in case of a large number of services.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Epic effort! Added to my phones front page :)

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  5. Trenomarcus

Rapid Transit and Northern Trans-Pennine timetables are now available.

I've also improved the search train functionality by taking into account the different routes. Useful for locations available in multiple itineraries (e.g., Hagen).

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 3
  6. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

This is really helpful thanks for putting in the effort to make this

• Upvote Upvote x 4
  7. Trenomarcus

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to add more features to the site from time to time. The latest additions are:
    - Tees Valley Line timetable
    - Dark mode. A little switch makes everything pretty dark, suitable for night runs :)
    - Loco search mode. This mimics the TSW service mode view basically, with the list of services run by a specific loco for a particular route.

Please note that the data on services run by which loco is only partial at the moment for some routes. It will be slowly expanded.

Also, I would like to thanks all the people reporting wrong information via the report button on the train view. report_tool.png We will slowly achieve 100% fidelity to actual timetables.

Cheers,
    Marcus

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 1
  8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Great work Marcus. I think I already mentioned I had it as a quick link on my phone :) If I come across anything during my NTP sessions ill let you know. Looks really good though and a really good UI. Very impressed.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  9. Trenomarcus

Thanks, much appreciated. :)

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  10. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I'm sure I will. Very useful, thanks.

• Upvote Upvote x 1