Service Timings

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by InspectorTiger, Feb 1, 2019.

1. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Hi! Long time driver, first time forum complainer. I'm curious about how the ticks and crosses are calculated for your station stops. I drove a service where I was exactly on time, or early, for every stop, to the minute, and yet they were all X'ed. For example, due at 16:18, actual time 16:18, result X. Or due at 16:18, actual time 16:16, result X.

Yet I've driven services where I've been five minutes late at the station and still got a green tick. How precise do you have to be to get the tick, and why does it seem to vary from service to service? And is it different for scenarios, as opposed to service mode?

Or do the ticks and crosses relate not just to time, but something else; platform positioning, for example?

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I had that problem with GWE mostly, where you get X´s even though it should be a checkmark. On all other routes there´s a buffer, so 2 minutes late can still you give the checkmark.
    Make sure you arent closing the doors to early and that stuff. The station positioning i believe goes into the points but not the actual stop time checkmarks. I can be wrong on that though as they never fully explained how all of that comes together.

3. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

It's a bit mysterious, isn't it? I drove a fast service from Paddington to Reading, arriving 4 minutes after time, but still got a tick. Yet on other services I get a cross even when on time to the minute (it's hard to see how you can do better than that, unless you have to be on time to the second!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. georgedonely9

georgedonely9 New Member

I find i am always to early and i neve speed on long distance journeys on the gwe