PlayStation Service With Most Red Signals ? (ecw)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainmania100, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Anyone got any services on east Coastway where there is a lot of stopping and starting at red signals etc, stuck behind another train for a long way

It's fun for a while but I'd like a nice service with plenty of red signals, a bit more than the simple stopping at stations usual stuff that can easily get tiring of doing the same thing over and over

Are there any ECW services (not scenarios, not keen on being told what to do), where you're chasing reds, perhaps following another unit, etc, for a reasonable distance? Something I can sink my teeth into that'll keep me awake a little longer

• Like Like x 1
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Make your own scenario and put a train in front of you at a station that will leave later.

• Like Like x 1
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Generally speaking like many other routes in the game, theres not a whole lot of adverse signals that you're going to encounter. Which is a shame, I've always wanted to put my defensive driving skills to the test on TSW :D

But on ECW, most of the red signals you'll encounter would be around Brighton, Lewes, and Eastbourne, since those are the spots with lots of traffic coming in and out. On the rare occasion you might have to stop at a red to enter one of the platforms at Lewes (on the services that terminate there). Or maybe you'll have to wait for a train to pass by that junction that splits off beyond Lewes. But those are really rare to come by.

More often, there'll be some services that start at Eastbourne bound for Brighton. You'd be loading passengers on the far-left platform while another service going to Hastings or Ore stops at the middle platform and changes ends. If you're lucky, sometimes the dispatcher lets that train go first, before allowing you to proceed. I think a few of them even stop at Hampden Park, making you wait at a red signal for a bit.

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The rail tour service with the Mark 2 coaches follows a stopper between Lewes and Eastbourne so you do end up chasing reds. Also, I think there's a scenario where there's a service with the class 377 running fast between Brighton and Eastbourne and there's quite a few ECS moves between Seaford and Brighton in the morning and evening which follow stoppers.

• Like Like x 2