PlayStation Several Issues/problems On Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by greywulf_98, Jun 21, 2020.

1. greywulf_98

greywulf_98 New Member

Hi every1,

I own TSW2020 on PS4 for a month now and encountered a bunch of problems:

Concerning Trophies that didn't show up although I fullfilled the requirements:
    - WSR Summer Vacation
    - CL47 Star Tours
    -NTP Trans-Pennine Traveller
    so far...

Other odd issues:
    when I drove WSR Minehead to Bishops-L. Duty @ 2:15 pm first @ my stop in Williton the opposite train failed to start properly and rolled backwards in the direction I was supposed to go but managed to stop before blocking the switch. Weird but innocuous I was lucky to pass anyway. But then subsequently on the same run as I approached Crowcombe-Heatf. the station entry-signal was red and I saw a class 09 hauled train waiting on "MY" stationside, also facing towards Bishops-L. It had itself a green signal but wasn't moving, preventing me from entering the station so I couldn't finish this duty so close to its end. That was really annoying.

Despite from that I also once was about to complete a passenger duty from Manchester to Leeds on Class45 whilst on Journey-Mission "Driving Rain" but when I was about to secure the Locomotive @ Leeds station controls got kinda stuck makin it impossible to turn/press any buttons/switches/levers etc. so mission couldnt be completed. I had to do the whole run from the start again because the error even affected the savegame.

Besides that also the tutorials of br143 on RSN or Class33 on WSR suffered bugs that certain buttons were unable to activate in the first run

The last thing is less important but noticeable for me as a German that some translations of button-functions are inartfully expressed leading to confusion if you're a newbie to the whole train-driving thing so trial and error lead the way

I am quite disappointed that playability suffers qualitative problems seemingly quite often :(

I can only hope that dovetail will take care on the issues

2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

The problems (not the missing trophies) you describe seem to be caused by continuing a reloaded game. Don't ever reload a game if you want to finish it, saved games are broken! You can read this a couple of times in the forum, and I can confirm this after some investigations of my own.

Feel free to pm me in German, as all public posts are limited to English only.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

As for the trophies, this is a very long story. Bit like Mastery, works for some, not for others. The amount of workarounds some of us have had to do to get them to come up is a bit ridiculous. Have a search through the PS4 general discussion for the trophies thread, it's quite large and covers all routes I think. It was about 6-8 months after I fulfilled all the Platinum requirements before a fix was made to one of the trophies which enabled me to actually get the platinum. When it popped and I was playing Pen Corridor (which incidentally is a route that came after the original TSW and has no bearing on the trophy) I thought I was being trolled!!! lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. greywulf_98

greywulf_98 New Member

Ah okay, thanks. I didnt knew about that broken savegames, but it takes the sense of saving a game anyway and in my humble opinion is urgent to fix.
    I admit that my saving is for the reason that I made a mistake so I want to reload because I'm still quite new to this game and therefore it is quite challenging. But the other reason is also that many duties are rather time consuming so sometimes I save because I have to quit for the moment and proceed later when I have time again

By the way... the recent Update downloaded & installed properly

5. greywulf_98

greywulf_98 New Member

TinTin_57
    Thank you for the information... The trophies that I missed for the moment are luckily still not relevant for Platinum as far as I can tell, but it's good to be warned, thanks. But as I read this it is very disencouraging - especially now that I learned that there are known issues about saving/loading games

• Like Like x 1
  6. iancownie

iancownie New Member

Saved games most often work. For me at least.