1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share Your Favorite Service!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, May 8, 2019.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Member

Hi everyone, I was hoping the community could share fun or unique services to run. I personally enjoy the banking service on MSB and I also find the empty to depot from Leeds on NTP to be fun! When the new Valley route releases hopefully we can add more!

2. KMAN

KMAN Member

I like the early morning services on both GWE and NTP around 6-8 am with Autumn mist weather/season setting, very atmospheric.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I think I like the NTP "Saturday Special" services, they play more like a scenario. But IDK if they're my absolute favorite, RSN has some contenders for that title, as well as NEC possibly.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Member

Yes the Saturday Special services are fun! I also like the Traveling Post Office as that is the closest thing we have to freight on NTP. I do wish they had a service where you have to move multiple locomotives across NTP.

5. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Member

Early morning services are my go to times especially for GWE and NTP. I love how the seasons change up the scenery and a little bit of rain can make you have to think about braking a little differently.

6. KMAN

KMAN Member

Maybe the forth coming scenario pack for NTP will have this type of loco movement.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Member

That would be amazing if they did! I think anything for NTP would get me excited! I have noticed in one of the yards in service mode on NTP there are six class 47s connected. I should hop in and see what it says.

8. Yerolo

Yerolo Active Member

I really wish a dynamic weather system could be implemented...I think that could make a world of difference to the immersion levels in TSW. I know TSxx had this (maybe not for all routes??) and I remember asking Matt about that in a stream way back when HH first came out and if I recall he said 'not yet' which gave me hope it will one day....

9. KMAN

KMAN Member

That sounds interesting do you know the location I would love to check that out too?

10. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Member

I feel bad for the people living at Hanwell station. There's only one service in the entire Great Western that actually stops there. I like driving that one to help them out.

11. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

Which service is that?

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  12. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Member

According to the online timetable, it's 2R19.

13. KMAN

KMAN Member

2R19 08:36 from Paddington to Reading

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  14. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Active Member

Dynamic weather in TS2019 is still possible using weather pattern, but it requires a custom asset package and these are not allowed on steam workshop because of DTG's "piracy protection".

15. KMAN

KMAN Member

Dynamic weather is possible in the UE4 Engine I have seen youtube tutorials on how to achieve this. If DTG don't do it someone from the community will once the Editor tools are out.

16. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Member

After looking into more I was wrong. There are 4 class 101s connected. This is at Leeds station at 9:55am. After getting in the train there is a redlight and no sign of it changing. ☹️

17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Is that the set of 101s which are all facing the same way (which I doubt would ever have happened)? I always wondered if that was a mistake or intentional!

18. Manclion

Manclion Member

No its not those they never move,
    Yes strange formation!

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  19. Manclion

Manclion Member

The 22-00 HST from Paddington to Bristol on GWE is a good one with a mix of yellows and reds.
    You have to stop near Reading to let a freight pass for some reason even though it's behind you!