Sherman Hill: Thoughts, Info, And Speculations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Blacknred81, Sep 8, 2021.

1. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

From the limited perspective, the cab looks alright. I'm curious how much functionality will be implemented in the screens, but I'm not holding my breath for anything more than the absolute bare minimum.
    It's hard to tell much from the exterior shots because the screenshot quality makes them look TS1 in nature, but it looks promising. Eagerly awaiting the preview streams now...

Also hoping they aren't planning another Thanksgiving release like the Dash 8 last year

2. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The latter two are ok, but honestly I'm not liking that first screenshot, it looks like the Hermosa tunnel entrance, and compared to images of it in real life there seems to be too much sand there, and too little plants. Obviously not judging it fully till we see more, but I hope that it's not a indication of broader problems with the scenery across the whole route.

As for the loco it certainly looks good, but to be honest that's pretty much a given for DTG's locos, you're almost certainly gonna get something that looks good. Functionality is gonna be the real question, and honestly only the gods know that at the moment.

3. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Looking good so far! Hoping for good sounds. I like the hi cube boxcars and reefers a lot, something I've been hoping for from TSW for awhile. The route needs more than just those, though, it needs all of the previous rollingstock used in US freight routes. And the new cars should appear on Sandpatch, because its mixed freight consists are lackluster.. NEC NY's freight had more variety! :|

Also if the route is based in the early 2000's, then the route should be busier than say, if it were based in 2021. Need to base services off a timetable from that time period..

4. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

due to too many complaint about the sound,,there will be no more sound in the game

• Like Like x 2
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I personally think that one will happen, using all stock they have can only be a net gain, the models are there, they just need to be implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

It occurs to me I think I know why they're doing the SD70ACe in a older configuration, it's because they don't need to model PTC on it. Saves on quite a few resources and a lot of time in testing if you don't need to build or test PTC. Also means types like the Cane Creek AC4400CW and Peninsula Corridor GP38-2 can work on the line without issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Neither will be buyers. ;)

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

And it needs to layer the freight card onto other routes if and where applicable

9. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member