Show/hide Schedule Task Clip Board (ingame)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I noticed some locomotives have a spot on the desk where you can clip on a board or a piece of paper that has instructions or information for the driver about the daily task or the task at hand. Was thinking that it would be much better experience to see your current task schedule there instead of having to read it in game GUi menu. I'd find it very exciting

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's something that's been suggested before and would certainly be a nice touch, even if it would probably be a fair amount of work for something not necessarily "core to the experience"

3. Gabe_1.0

Would say it's not an overnight job especially when you have to animate the clip part, so it lifts up and then snaps into place. Depends how many bugs are roaming around still lol...but still would love to have this, there are a couple of locomotives that do have the clip board thing, not all of them so you can still follow the tasks via ingame GUi

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

I wouldn't even want that, a static piece of paper with the station stops (or layovers in the case of freight) listed would be enough for me.
    Obviously period specific so either handwritten or sheet feed for NTP (the printer paper with the holes down the side), normal printer paper for GWE and obviously in the right language so German or whatever as new routes are developed

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Gabe_1.0

Your idea is pretty straightforward, It can be improved but I would be happy with that two

6. ARuscoe

I'm working on the basis of a scheduled service where the driver is given either a stop list or roster of services for the day.
    I mean that would be one addition that I would say could be done, in Journey mode have second sheet behind the "active service station stop list" which is the roster for that day for the driver...

I guess people would then want to actually DRIVE that list though...