PlayStation Shunters

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kevin.charb81, Dec 26, 2020.

1. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Really enjoying my first shunting experience with the Class 08 on TVL. As I look to buy another, I'm wondering:
    • Which are the best, and worst (and why)?
    • Why so few services?
    • Are the mileage achievements attainable (outside of scenario planner and running the same ~8 services over and over)?
    • Opinions on the Class 20
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

• Which are the best, and worst (and why)?
    My most memorable one would be the NTP service where you are waiting for an incoming train at Huddersfield. Cannot remember the name of it, but out of all the shunting services that is the one I remember the most, has you doing something a little different.
    • Why so few services?
    I can only guess that DTG haven't put a lot of services into play that drop rakes of wagons/coaches to then be shunted away by the shunters. I would love to see a full days work of a shunter and having see the other locos come drop off and pick up wagons throughout the schedule. Even getting 2nd type of shunter in the same yard would be cool to see.
    • Are the mileage achievements attainable (outside of scenario planner and running the same ~8 services over and over)?
    The mileage achievements are quite low (based on class 08/09 shunters) so you should get there between NTP and TVL services. Otherwise you can always run then on the West Somerset Railway to complete the last of the mileage.
    • Opinions on the Class 20
    Love it, not used as a shunter, more in place of the class 37 with a few unique runs for itself, well worth it, but would pick it up 2nd to the class 31 as I feel that adds more to the line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1