Simple Way To Make Passengers More Interesting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pschlik, Feb 26, 2018.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Passengers often feel so lifeless...there are way too many times where I open the doors at a platform and nobody gets on or off. I might be literally the only train in the hour that serves this platform, but that doesn’t matter, nobody gets on or off. It’s like the game is telling the train “you should have 20 passengers” and I have 20 passengers, so the game says “all good, nobody should get on or off...”

To fix that, I propose that we simply ignore that passenger limit for people getting on the train-make it so that everyone at a platform gets aboard the very first train that comes by no matter what. It would make the stations so much more alive and probably be more realistic overall. (If you have not noticed, in real life, a lot of people that are on a platform are intent on getting on the next train that comes. Otherwise they wouldn’t be on the platform. In TSW, there are people on the platform that never even touch a train.)

And with the silly thing that seems to be limiting the passengers, it could still concern itself with getting people off the train. You go into a station, and suddenly you have 40 people on the train, so at the next station, the system will kick 20 people off and the 10 waiting at that station will get on. This would give you more people coming off and on the trains, which would doubly increase the passenger activity.

Just one little thing could make the passengers a lot better.

• Like Like x 16
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Ok, so the update totally improved passengers. The feature that passengers are most likely to spawn at a platform where a train is coming means we can now safely argue that if people are at a platform, they are definitely waiting for the next train. Which is why its even more odd now that only a few passengers get on the train. They are clearly waiting for my train, that's the whole reason they decided to spawn in, but still only a few actually get on. Even the new system could still benefit from this feature.

3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Managed to sit on a passenger the other day :P
    She didn't say anything so assumed she was happy with it...
    Guess the ai characters just need more complexity to fix things such as passengers in ecs trains and being able to sit on/in passengers