Ska - Service Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LucasLCC, Oct 2, 2020.

1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

One of the best bits about the German content is that most locos can be used on different routes as part of the service mode (increasing variety etc).

With this in mind, it's a bit disappointing that the 182 and 155 can not be used in service mode.

DTG, why is this? It worries me that in the future we're going to have more restrictive loco choices, which is quite sad...

• Like Like x 4
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

182 missing I believe is a bug, you can't use the train on any route right now while irl it can be found pretty much everywhere.
    155 was taken out of service last year, so that may be their kind of representation in this route. It does suck a bit but hey, scenario planner let's you have a go with this train regardless.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. RommieG

RommieG New Member

Bringing this back a few months later...

It was discussed back in the fall that the 155 and 182 not being used in SKA's timetable mode was a mistake - however, it's now late February and nothing has come of that. It's frustrating to see inaction on this, as substitution was one of the German content's strongest points. This reminds me of when RRO launched and the MRCE 185 never managed to appear on RSN's and MSB's service modes, despite it 'being looked into'.

I'm curious about what will happen in the next few months as there are three more German mainline freight locomotives in the pipeline: the MRCE variant of the 182, Skyhook's 187, and TSG's 232. If this lackadaisical approach to substitution is taken yet again, that'll severely hinder the appeal of these addons.

• Like Like x 4