Skyhook Garnisch To Munich Scenerio Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooChooKeith, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

This group of scenerios do not work. Please Advise

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Which Skyhook items - there is more than one
    Why don't they work? - What happens?
    Do you have the correct route?
    Do you have all the required items?

If you want help then post more info about the problem you are having

Peter

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As 749006 says, there are several routes and addons that could be causing the issues you're having so more detail is required

4. ChooChooKeith

The Route is Garnisch to Munch which uses all German Trains. I have the Talent 2
    but says that it needs the ICE T for it. The error says cannot load consist. might be just specific to that train which I have the ICE 3M that came with the game.

5. ChooChooKeith

Would also love why I dont get a score in Career mode which I have that checked. there are speed markers that are wrong in many of the routes that came with the game spefically Franfurt-Karlsruhe. several speeds say 160 and then it changes to 50.. Also on my profile it list favorite LOCO and the picture does not show. shold be the ICE 3M. but again little things happening. Then there is the world builder and this has to be the worst because its not user friendly at all.

Thanks

Keith Hall

6. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Certain speed limits in Germany and the US are enforced by signal aspects. German signalling isn't easy to learn, but if you can figure it out, then you will have a lot better of a time. R.E the Munich-Garmisch problem, yes, you do need to have the ICE T to run the scenario as it says. You can always press F2 to bring up the save menu then pressing "cancel" to get out of that, however, the ICE T won't show up in the scenario.

7. ChooChooKeith

I am alsao using the 64 bit version of TS 2019.

8. ChooChooKeith

I went back to all of the skyhooks Scenerios located in the Garnisch-Munich route.
    4 of the scenerios say DB BR442 Talent 2 which I have but will not load the scenerio because the error seems to say that it needs the ICE T. Some of them say it uses the ICE 3M but still does not load becasue of the ICE-T. not sure which train that is as there are at least 5 different ICE trains.

Thanks

Keith Hall

9. Railfan722

That's from the Steam Store page for this product. Even though the ICE T isn't what you're driving, it will show up in passing services and in sidings. The ICE T is available here - https://store.steampowered.com/app/222610/Train_Simulator_DB_BR_411_ICET_EMU_AddOn/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. ChooChooKeith

Thank you so much for the help.

11. ChooChooKeith

I can goto the store through the game. Thank you again for the help. any of those other issues I listed please let me know as well.

12. Railfan722

13. ChooChooKeith

its the speed markers that change suddenly in the HUD. I think this is a glitch when the marker says 160 and then the speed indicator says 50 that is quite dramatic. these are in just a couple of places on the Frankfurt route.

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

When you're buying a route, scenario pack etc ALWAYS check out the requirements because often things that you may think are not necessary or relevant actually are. I have a load of third party stuff that won't load because I need a specific consist from a specific third party provider BUT if they're only AI or scenery you can, as said above, F2 past this and still play the route

15. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

This is by design. In Germany, the maximum permitted speed can be influenced by signal aspects. These do not always show up in the HUD (unlike on UK routes).

On German routes, speed restrictions imposed by signals are displayed above or below the signal. You'll have to multiply the value by 10 to come to the allowed speed.

For example:

[​IMG]

When you pass the left signal, it has a yellow 8 underneath it. This means that you are to reduce your speed to no more than 80 km/h by the time you pass the next signal.

When you pass the signal to the right, it has a yellow 8 above it. This means that the current allowed speed limit is 80 km/h, even if the permitted speed on the infrastructure is higher. Also, the next signal will be red - so you should start braking.

In your case, you'll probably have passed a signal with a 5 underneath it but missed it, or maybe you have seen it but discarded it as the 50 km/h limit did not show up on the HUD. I can offer you only one advise: pay less attention to the HUD and pay more attention to signs and signals along the track. They convey a lot of information - much more than on UK routes, and in a very different way.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. ChooChooKeith

hard to see the signals when going 200 and you cannot see in the distance .. the Hud should show the correct speed limit . some of them also have numbers over numbers. but ok

17. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

If your train has an in-cab signalling display on the driver's console, follow the speed restrictions on that display - irrespective of the line speed board limits or the HUD speed limits; otherwise the train's emergency brakes will be applied automatically.

18. ChooChooKeith

I dont have auto braking on in the settings menu so emergency braking wont apply unless I do it. The speed limits I am talking about are be displayed in the HUD. but display wrong.. going from 160 to 50 is not a good thing. and trying to see the signs outside of the train is a little hard before you get to it please the HUD shold be the guide that helps you do that.

19. ChooChooKeith

Thank you for the diagram of the signalling for Germany.

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you are traveling at 200kph on the Munich to GARMISH then you are SPEEDING which is why you cannot slow down in time for the Speed Restrictions.

21. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

On German routes you can't rely on the HUD alone, as the signalling system can give speed related instructions.

It might be worth a while to have a look at PTGRail's German and Austrian signalling guide, it tells you everything you need to know to understand how the systems work: