Snow On Tgv Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kdana457, Jan 3, 2021.

1. kdana457

kdana457 New Member

I really love the TGV route but from what I've found its pretty rare to get snow in this part of France. Is there a way to run my trains in winter with rain instead of snow (and no snow on the ground)? I know I could run in spring and use rain but then it changes the sunrise/sunset time. Bringing the snow level down to zero and increasing precipitation and wetness still displays as snow. Anybody have any ideas?

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In the weather settings in timetable mode , choose winter and turn wetness and snow to zero. It is that easy. Otherwise, if temperature is above 0 degrees (C) snow will melt in TSW2 ...

3. kdana457

kdana457 New Member

Problem is the temperature is below 0 C and I'm not sure how to change that. Which it looks like this region is about 4 C-12 C during the winter.

4. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You can´t change temperature itself. It´s linked to each preset, as far as I have seen. Any winter preset is below 0ºC in that route so all will produce snow no matter the settings you use, even a sunny day with no clouds and only precipitation. If you want rain take Autumn presets. Sun cycles are the closest to winter ones. Peninsula Corridor has the opposite problem: you can´t generate snow in winter there as it melts cause winter temperature is above 0ºC in that route.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-01-03 11-25-19.png

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Set snow slider to 0.

• Like Like x 2
  6. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

It still snows Anthony. I checked before posting. Any precipitation with cold temperatures turns into snow the same way that hot temperatures melt the snow. That´s the weather mechanics and it works as it should indeed.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The opposite happens in UK routes. When you want snow you can’t get it. A winter service in Bakerloo will start with snow on the ground and then it melts away within a minute or so. I asked in the Q&A stream why that was and got “temperature” as my answer. Not really a satisfactory answer because if it was the temperature the snow wouldn’t be there to start with and also you can have different temperatures on different days. At the moment the game just rules all with weird settings. It gives you snow then immediately tells you it’s too warm for snow. There should be a way to alter the temperature to what you want, so if you want snow you get snow and if you don’t or you want it to slowly melt you can.

8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand the " temperature " answer. Sand Patch has snow that stays on the ground for the entire journey. Is that because the temperature is set low enough? I know that temperatures in London can go below freezing on occasion, so why can't the temperature be set low enough to sustain a snow cover? Am I missing the point here?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1