Fishing Sim World So Here We Are - I'm Fishing In A Sim World.

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Chizzckh, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So finally got to spend some decent time playing the new Fishing Sim World game and having played Euro Fishing to death/until it died a death, thought i'd share my humble thoughts on this game.

Negatives:
    *Still way to carp orientated outside of the US waters. Would like to see new venues either tone down the stock levels of carp so they become a real challenge and an occasional catch or remove carp completely from one or two. This was one of my major bug bears with Euro Fishing in the end.
    *Old Euro Fishing venues from the start, made worse in my opinion by the use of the less exciting places from Euro Fishing - St Johns or the Spanish waters surely would have been the way to go!
    *US Waters - Not enough variation in species or size of fish. A bit like to many carp in Europe, unless you are an avid bass fisherman then this becomes kind of dull quite quickly.
    *Small fish still fight harder than the big ones.
    * The new landing system or teleport as its known - Cant we go back to the good old landing net?
    *Boss Catfish - Seems just a token few for certain waters, while carp boss fish are overpowering.
    *Boss Pike - Bar the Grand Union, other waters need more.
    *US waters both quite samey visually.
    *General bugs - At this point I am not so worried as long as patches are sorted quickly but please don't end up like Euro Fishing where it takes months to sort and in some cases they never do get sorted.

Positives:
    * Pike - Was needed in Euro Fishing and never happened, a big plus.
    * Lure fishing - Really enjoy this. Adds a lot more variation and although not perfect is great fun.
    * US waters and Bass - Again a nice twist and fun.
    * A Canal - This is a step in the right direction and hopefully opens more varied waters in the future.
    * A map system where you can teleport without having to get to a portal around each water.
    * Changing baits and larger tackle boxes while on the lake/rivers - Another Euro Fishing problem solved after being stuck with the limited four.

For the future:
    * Less carp (See negatives)
    * More European Predator fish
    * Some larger fish/species to battle in the US lakes.
    * Something completely different like a monsters lake from Thailand with exotic fish.
    * Maybe have some hidden boss fish that weights and species aren't listed until you manage to catch - Be a nice change to not know what is in the lake.
    * Dead/live baits to be used for Predator catches.
    *Instead of releasing loads of waters of the same thing, maybe have patches to update existing waters with new elements such more species, new boss fish or boss fish growing larger as they do in real life.

Just my initial thoughts, i'm not too worried on things like costumes or gimmicky things that only affect the visual aspect of the game rather than the actual fishing. I can take them or leave them.

Probably most important is Dovetail actually listening to users who have brought the game and sorting the issues/bugs out as quick as they can and implementing good ideas to better the game. After seeing the very quick demise of Euro Fishing because of stale game play and no fixes... This cant happen again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

I like the idea of Thailand lakes,you get some big 'ol beasties in there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

gillhams fisheries thailand Now where talking some of the worlds biggest fish lurk in there specially the siamese carp which are well over the 100lb mark various other species aswell I would love if they put this on the game

• Like Like x 1
  4. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

I’d like to see more US lakes like in Texas, Alabama, California. Spotted bass, largemouth, smallmouth bass are great! No more carp please. Add white bass, striped bass, Channel catfish, flathead catfish. Less carp. How about more plastic worms, crawdads, lizards, being able to Texas rig them? Would be nice! Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

They really need more us venues to fish also since worlds in the name wouldn't mind seeing some thailand, africa , and south american venues added and missing lakes from euro fishing put back in missing hunters lake, le lac d'or lillies and observatory

Golaith Tigerfish from africa would be fun to catch
    Arapaima and Priaiba in south america
    Snakehead, barbs,catfish from thailand

6. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

They really need more us venues to fish also since worlds in the name wouldn't mind seeing some thailand, africa , and south american venues added and missing lakes from euro fishing put back in missing hunters lake, le lac d'or lillies and observatory

Golaith Tigerfish from africa would be fun to catch
    Arapaima and Priaiba in south america
    Snakehead, barbs,catfish from thailand

7. Platini2000

Platini2000 New Member

* Maybe have some hidden boss fish that weights and species aren't listed until you manage to catch - Be a nice change to not know what is in the lake.

Thats a great idea!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

One thing I have definitely seen is all species chase lures but only certain fish take them. Using surface lures allows you to attract all fish into view and you can use this to work out whats actually there to catch. I have had at least two occasions where I have had to swap a lure rod that's been left out to land another fish on ledger tactics and a perch has taken the static lure.