Train Sim World 3 Soho Tmd For Birmingham Cross-city Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Folup1372#8582, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Folup1372#8582

Folup1372#8582 Well-Known Member

Hello Dovetail! I was thinking it would be good if you could add Soho Depot for the BCC So that we can store the class 323's from there and take it on some services on the bcc starting from Birmingham new street or Aston

Thank you as u take this into consideration!

• Like Like x 3
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Would be fantastic to have the Class 323 maintenance and storage facility. Most routes have at least one depot included.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Folup1372#8582

Exactly

4. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

We do need this I have no idea why DTG didn't make it its really not that hard

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

This was mentioned endlessly when the route was produced. While it is indeed a shame it wasn't included (because it's always better to have something than not), the actual amount of activity it would have added is actually quite small with very few of the BCC trains visiting the depot on a regular basis and the majority stabled overnight at New Street.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Folup1372#8582

Honestly Thats what im Saying

7. Factor41

I think there's actually quite a lot more work that you'd expect.

Soho yard is on a different stretch of track heading out of the city towards Wolverhampton and the city approach from that direction runs in towards the NIA with a totally different set of very recognisable buildings which aren't currently modelled and would need to be built - it's not just sticking down a few lines of track at the depot. So quite a lot of work for what is only a handful of depot runs. If you look on realtimetrains.co.uk you'll see that the majority of the trains using the depot have their destinations as Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury or Birmingham International - these are not the trains on this DLC.

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Anyone saying it's not that hard can do it themselves. Although mean, it's what I tell people. Unless you're a game developer making a detailed 1:1 scale train route, you wouldn't know how difficult it would be to make something that sounds simple

• Like Like x 1
  9. sam#2862

I understand its difficult and I know that I have no chance of ever being able to make anything this good but when it comes down to it, but if you have a large team like DTG and are charging £30 for a route I'm expecting a lot

10. sam#2862

I didn't know it was that far away but it is standard to get a depot with your route and its not like its impossible to get done its just that routes seem to get a deadline set too close which is why there was so much missing scenery between Barnt Green and Redditch

11. Factor41

Yeah, quite often the depot is very close to the route's track and has pretty simple scenery. The route from Soho to New Street isn't on the existing route and, while not being particularly far, passes Birmingham City Hospital, a load of offices and warehouses, blocks of flats, and then approaches New Street under the Arena Birmingham, with views of Brindley Point Apartments, the Birmingham Roundhouse and quite a few other distinctive buildings, plus high rise buildings behind them, none of which is visible from the Five Ways or Aston approach views. To build all of that (as people would expect them to) for such a short stretch of track and very limited depot use would be a waste of resources by any measure. If they didn't have time to stick some trees and fences along the Alvechurch branch, they were never going to do all that.
    Bham Approach.jpg

12. sam#2862

well it would be very nice to go through the heart of Birmingham and see all of its impressive buildings but I see where you're coming from