Some Routes I Would Love To See In Future

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by David Forster, May 19, 2022.

1. David Forster

David Forster Member

Been playing for about 3 years now and absolutely love the game, although I have a couple of foreign routes (US and Germany), I prefer the UK routes, especially Tees Valley, as its one of my local lines.

Some of the lines I would love to see in future are:- Both Current lines and former lines

Tyne and Wear Metro
    Durham Coast Line...Newcastle - Middlesbrough
    Tyne Valley Line...Newcastle - Carlisle
    ECML...York - Newcastle, Newcastle - Edinburgh
    Leamside Line - Former Mainline through Co. Durham, former diversion Line for the ECML
    Blyth and Tyne Line
    Stillington Line
    Bishop Line and Weardale Railway, maybe as an extension of The Tees Valley Line
    Esk Valley...Middlesbrough - Whitby

Maybe some of the routes that Beeching Scrapped

Some real potential for some good trains, Pacers, Sprinters, Grand Centrals, Class 91's.

Some great scenery and countryside.

The possibilities for this game are limitless a d i can't wait to see where it goes in the future

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Newcastle to Carlisle would be great as kind of loses out to the S&C every time. Worth going the slightly extra distance and if set in the 70’s or early 80’s, loads of scope for freight action too.

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The ECML needs a Class 55 Deltic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andrew Tiffin

Andrew Tiffin Member

I suggest South Western network with the metro lines out of Waterloo with services run by South West Trains, Charing Cross to Hastings along with Cannon Street, London, Tilbury and Southend (Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness) and Chiltern to Aylesbury

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Calder Valley Line Class 156 Sprinter with Class 170 Tubostar. Sprinters and Turbostars Class 170 & 172 can run together as a single Unit due to both being BSI Couplers. This runs from Manchester Victoria to Leeds City via Halifax Rochdale instead of Marsden Huddersfield the Northern Trans Pennine.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

I agree on your route idea Andrew. If I made the SWR route it'd be like Fareham - Southampton or something. Great idea overall

7. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Definitely need a good sprinter, hopefully a 156, though i worry that if we get a class 150 in another route it'll have re used sounds and physics, as long as it has realistic sounds and physics i would definitely want it in the game