Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway - Remastered

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by albinopigeon, May 15, 2020.

1. albinopigeon

albinopigeon Active Member

The S&DJR from Bath to Bournemouth is one of the most iconic routes that were felled by the Beeching Axe and was introduced all the way back in 2007 with the initial release of Train Simulator. I'm sure that many fellow train simmers have fond memories of driving along this route in years gone by, as I have. However, many of the original Rail Simulator routes have had an upgrade over the years in one way or another (e.g. Great Western Mainline was completely redone for TSW, the ECML was extended south with two routes to get to London, etc.) but the S&D has largely gone without such refinement.

That's why I suggest that the route be rebuilt from the ground up for TS202X, to breathe a much-needed new life into one of the most interesting and challenging routes on British soil, complete with new scenic assets, scenarios, and rolling stock. Perhaps even for Rail Simulator's 15th anniversary in a couple year's time...?

• Like Like x 4
  2. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea to see this route remasterd

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bonky

Bonky New Member

I couldn't agree more. Very much needed. I've offered to help in the past (Bath to Wellow), but it's fallen on stony ground.

R