Sos Coupling Physics Question Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by graham.haddon, Jun 3, 2022.

1. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

If Matt or a member of the engineering team could answer could answer this I would appreciate it.

Matt mentioned in the release stream about the problem with braking hard at low speed with unfitted freight trains causing derailment problems. I have no doubt the problem can be mitigated by driving correctly.

Now here comes the question relating to exactly what Matt said as regard to fixing the problem. He said that the fix relates to changing coupling physics parameters and it would affect all the couplings in the entire game and would potentially cause problems.
    Why can this problem not be rectified by changing the physics parameters for the type of coupling in use on the wagons in question? Is this because (now I am guessing) that all couplings in TSW2 are the same? Or do different couplings behave differently? Can different behaving couplings be created in the engine?
    I am in no way criticising the way things are done I am just curious as to how this fix can be implemented properly.

I seem to recall something similar happening with Arosaline on release.

Also I haven't actually encountered this bug myself yet... I am really enjoying the route and loving the challenge. The amount of work that has gone in to this DLC is obvious.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022