South Eastern High Speed Services Digest

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Jan 12, 2021.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

For people unfamiliar with the service patterns of the high speed services along SEHS, as well as the route itself, I've made a list of peak time services for the Class 395 Javelin, departing from Stratford International (pre-Covid timetable).

Bear in mind this is the complete service pattern for the Class 395, and it is unknown whether DTG will include the services via Ashford International, as this section of the route will not be modelled in the game. Service which go/come via Ashford will be marked with a red asterisk*

Kent bound:
    17:02 Faversham
    17:14 Dover Priory*
    17:19 Maidstone West
    17:32 Ramsgate

17:44 Sandwich via Dover Priory*
    17:53 Maidstone West
    18:02 Margate

18:15 Sandwich via Dover Priory*
    18:23 Maidstone West
    18:27 Margate*
    18:32 Ramsgate

London bound:
    17:16 St Pancras International*
    17:29 St Pancras International
    17:59 St Pancras International

18:14 St Pancras International*
    18:29 St Pancras International

Route map:
    The red highlights the route we are getting in SEHS. The rest of the map shows where the 395 usually operates.
    DFBE41ED-A1E5-4690-BB21-D6A6AC528534.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

I would hope for AI to fill gaps even if they just go out a portal

• Like Like x 5
  3. londonmidland

Me too. Only including the services via Gravesend just wouldn’t cut it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ItsYa165

• Like Like x 3
  5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I agree :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  6. londonmidland

This is the high level platforms at Ebbsfleet International. This is the location of the power change, from 25kv AC to 750v DC and vice versa.

At this location, it is where you join/branch off HS1. The lower platforms also serve SouthEastern, but only for services which go via Ashford International (which isn't modelled for this route).

I'm hoping the low level platforms will be modelled as well as being fully accessible, as well as AI portal traffic being included in the timetable.
    upload_2021-1-14_17-5-42.png

• Like Like x 9
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It appares that the services start past 5:00PM so does this mean that 395 services will only be during evening times. Will we not get Morning or Afternoon services? What about late night services?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Super photo! :)

9. londonmidland

Not my photo, just used it for reference ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. londonmidland

"I've made a list of peak time services"

For obvious reasons I wasn't going to state the whole timetable. The peak times were chosen as naturally it has the most amount of services. Also, of course there are services throughout the rest of the day, just not as many per hour..

• Like Like x 3
  11. tallboy7648

Ohh I see

12. I'm personally kind of scared that they might not indlude the whole of Ebsfleet Station, as the main platforms are quite far from the branch platform we will be usually using, and they already did the same think with Leipzig HBF in Rapid Transit. This would make me very sad, because not only is Ebsfleet International a beautiful modern station, it is also the only chance we have of using the Eurostar repaint for the ICE 3 in scenario editor, as it would look extremely unrealistic to see a Eurostar train in the branch platforms.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

That is interesting because they might not make the rest of St Pancras as well, meaning both ends of the line end in part of a station with the other part not present, in each case would be a shame. Let's hope not.

• Like Like x 3
  14. londonmidland

This would be incredibly shortsighted and somewhat stupid to do as it means AI portal, Ashford Intl bound traffic cannot operate, as they would not provide a station for them to stop at. Which essentially means the bare minimum amount of 395 services, which is something we definitely don’t want, although given this is DTG, this is nothing new to them.

Regarding St. Pancras, I think all the platforms will be modelled, however the Eurostar and East Midlands platforms will be done very basically, with minimal assets and detail. The SE side of the station would be done to more detail.

• Like Like x 4
  15. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

It is DTG, set expectations to zero and prepare yourself ;)

• Like Like x 5
  16. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m scared of contracting Covid but missing platforms at Ebbsfleet would be just a minor annoyance. :)

I’d love to be able to walk around the whole St Pancras station. I hope they do as good a job as Rivet Games did with Ryde Pier.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  17. tallboy7648

It would be cool to walk around all of ST Pancras but I doubt that will be the case

• Like Like x 1
  18. londonmidland

In all fairness the missing platforms just isn’t about minor scenery detail, but it makes the difference as to whether AI/extra traffic will be included or not. If it had no impact on the route, I wouldn’t be bothered if it was massing. However in this case, it does make a difference to the amount of services possible.

We don’t want them saying “We didn’t include the extra services because there is no station platforms modelled at the low platforms at Ebbsfleet”

• Like Like x 4
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I read that and could hear Matt saying it.

We all know that the most likely scenario is going to be as little as they can get away with.

• Like Like x 3
  20. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm really worried that this will happen too, and for me would be a massive let-down. If they work off the real timetable, it would mean that at certain times there would only be one (!) high speed train an hour in each direction to St Pancras in timetable mode. I really pray they have gone the extra mile with this route as it has so much potential to be the best route in the game if they do it properly.

For anyone who knows the layout of Ebbsfleet better (I've only changed trains there a couple of times), how long is the walk from the lower level to high level platforms and do you think it is something that DTG could realistically model?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  21. londonmidland

A quick look on Google Maps and Flickr show that the North Kent bound platforms look fairly minimal and basic. These are essentially the ‘side high level platforms’ which we’ll be using in SEHS.
    Shown below:
    BAA565C4-3792-4C1D-BF71-9C3A927D38FC.jpg

The main station building and platforms look a lot more complex and I assume both high level and low level platforms are connected via a subway? I’ve never seen the interior of the main building but if the subway is just platform to platform, and misses the main concourse interior, there shouldn’t be too much to model. Low levels platforms and main station building shown below:
    FF9F2EA8-A1F9-4F2A-A34F-1E6C79A4A6F8.jpg A0AC503F-7A33-46A3-A0B1-F945749701BE.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

It wouldn't be a surprise

• Like Like x 2
  23. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Lol it’s already at the testing stage.
    You are setting them up for a massive fail.
    St. Pancras would make a sim game on it’s own.

It’s not how little can they get away with, it’s how much can you expect for your £20.
    Scarcely the price of a meal out.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

A search on realtimetrains for Stratford International on Tuesday's date (eliminating Sunday early closure) shows 153 services, the first being an inbound from Ashford at 0544 and the last being the 0018, also to Ashford.
    The complete list of termini or starting points I can find on this page:
    • Broadstairs (I) - port in at Faversham, 3 per day
      Dover Priory - port in at Ebbsfleet Lower
      Faversham - in route
      Maidstone West (I) - Port in at Strood, 2 inbound am, 2 each way pm
      Margate - port in at Ebbsfleet, one fast service AM and PM does not stop at Ebbsfleet
      Ramsgate - can loop either way so port at Ebbsfleet or Faversham
      Sandwich (I) - one morning and one evening, port in at Ebbsfleet
    The ones marked with (I) are infrequent

25. ARuscoe

[​IMG]
    The lower level platforms are just as basic and minimalist, with four platforms (two outer and an island in the middle) with two avoiding lines to the outside of this grouping

The station building is fine for a modern glass square structure, with a main concourse but very little in it other than customer services and car hire, I'm sure Eurostar had bigger aspirations for the station as "the main access to Kent", but it never turned out that way

There is access between the two sections of the station but I believe you exit the higher level station via ticket barriers, walk across a road and then access the main station with another ticket line, so no direct "walk between"
    Knowing DTG they will model all the stations to the ticket line so STP and Ebbsfleet will only appear as far as those lines (if that far)

26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope that one day, if not already included, the 375 can go all the way to Victoria. I doubt it’ll ever happen, but absolutely no reason why not.

27. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

You can find station plans for every station on nationalrail.co.uk:

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stat...ade-easy/ebbsfleet-international-station-plan

Looks like platforms 5 and 6 are accessed via a separate subway and separate ticket machines to that of the main station concourse.

I think its likely that the lower platforms will be modelled but not accessible by foot.

I think there's a decent chance though that there will be AI only services in timetable mode which go between these platforms and St. Pancras.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

St Pancras with 2 class 395’s would make a sim on its own? What?

Also, I’m not going out for a meal, I’m buying a TSW DLC, so excuse me for wanting all the platforms on the stations that they’re modelling in.

• Like Like x 3
  29. ARuscoe

St Pancras is basically five separate stations (counting the LUL as one station though it's not)
    SO I doubt that DTG are going to model things outside of the scope of the DLC any more than they did with WCMLs on the Bakerloo

• Like Like x 1
  30. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m not expecting that, I just want the stuff that’s applicable to the service patterns of the 395, 375 & 465, within the route, but that was part of my point, they aren’t doing all of St Pancras and no body is expecting that, so it’s ridiculous to say that St Pancras would be a simulator on its own.

The 375 will already be a restricted train in terms of what it will be able to do, and the 465 (which is going to cost an additional £11.49) will have even less service options than the 375.

So I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for both levels of Ebbsfleet to expand the 395 services, since the 395 is going to be the focus of the DLC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. ItsYa165

Lots of trees. Tower block. Car park. Sheds.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  32. ARuscoe

Until I see the route, especially when the 465 comes out, I don't know what he service pattern will be. There are options even if they seem limited from what we know, but then what we know is almost nothing apart from the core route

• Like Like x 1
  33. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

It will probably the same service pattern of Faversham to Gravesend vice versa if I am to take a guess (for the local services at least)

There could be a possibility of 395s terminating at Strood as well, but I doubt it will be very many.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  34. ARuscoe

The only trains which do Faversham to Gravesend are the Javelins, the 375s don't and never have done that run
    All trains via Gravesend (up til the Javelins were introduced) terminated at or before Gillingham (Strood, Rochester or Gillingham)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Well, that turnde out to be completely pointless in the end. Such a shame, a wasted opportunity.

• Like Like x 2