PC Southeastern High Speed Class 47/45 Bugs

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by cwf.green, Feb 23, 2021.

1. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I've been running the Railtour time table services on the Southeastern High Speed route and I think I have encountered a few bugs.

1. The gradient HUD indicator seems to be reversed. That is, if the train is ascending the HUD shows descending grade and vice versa. This only seems to happen on the Class 47 and Class 45, on the Class 375 and Class 395 the indications are correct and the train slows down when the the HUD indication is ascending grade and the train accelerates when the grade is descending, for the NTP locomotives the situation is flipped.

2. I'm not sure if this is prototypical or a bug but on the Class 47 the brakes seem to apply even in the running/released position. Basically it seems as if "lagging brakes" are being simulated. When the brake handle is in the running position the brake cylinder reads 5-10 psi rather than zero. If the brake handle is put into overcharge the cylinder will decrease to zero but when the brake pipe indication falls down to 72-74 psi the brake cylinder increases again. I think this can happen in the real world if the there is a leak in the brake system but I'm not sure if DTG intended for the brakes to always be "faulty", or if this is actually how the brakes work on the real Class 47.

3. This is a minor nit pick but it seems as if all the locomotives in TSW2 can be made to have wheel slip even when the independent brake is applied. In reality, if the wheels are slipping and the independent brake is applied this will counter act the extra torque on the wheels and reduce/stop the slipping from happening. Many older (and newer?) locomotives have automatic independent brake application when it senses a wheel slip for this exact reason.

4. I must say I really love driving the Class 47 and Class 45 due to the extra challenge from the slow applying and releasing air brakes.

2. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I’ve been banging on about the stupid Class 47 brakes for bloody ages but noone seems to be taking the blind bit of notice. Been like it for millions of years !