PC Space Hard Disk Tsw Dlc's Optimization

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by QO1922, Feb 17, 2019.

1. QO1922

QO1922 Member

Hello,

I do not know if there is already a post that asks about this, but it is a key point.
    In the TS 2019 I have more than 40 routes and the folder "Railworks" occupies in my hard disk 95GB

I have 3 TSW add-ons; Heavy Haul, GWE and RSN, and the folder "Train Sim World" occupies about 37 GB on my hard drive.

So, I do not know if DTG is working on a process to minimize the space of its DLC, but it could be a reason to do a "short route" (60 km) instead of a long one so as not to occupy too much space.

What do you think? In the future, when there are more add-ons available, we will not be able to buy all the DLCs due to the lack of space on our hard drive.

Regards,

2. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

It would only be a matter of time before these shorter routes began to fill up the hard drive. Would it not be better to consider a larger capacity HDD or an additional HDD or SSD? My 1TB drive is almost full for much the same reason, but I'll probably install a 2TB drive to replace it.

3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Short routes need more space then long routes.

If you have 1000km of short routes and 1000km of long routes, the short routes will take much more space. That's because you have the assets multiple time in each route wich will take a lot of space.

A longer route won't take much additional space as the assets are the same only the information where the assets are placed are more, but compared to the assets space it's far less.

For example if you make take the Ruhr-Sieg-Nord route and extend it with a second DLC to Siegen it will take almost the double space as if you did build the route in one DLC, because all assets will be there twice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Hard drive space is not that expensive any more, even for SSDs. Compared to what you need to spend on a good graphics card and CPU to really enjoy the game it kind of seems of little concern to me.

However I do agree that the game should be coded in such a way that hard drive space isn't just wasted with no reason.

• Like Like x 1