Speculation - Class 700 For Tsw 2 At Some Point?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Jan 24, 2022.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I also think it's driven via the more standard smooth power and brake handle, so it would be the first British MU in the game without notched brakes or power, which should make it quite a different experience.

bobbobberdd, also the fact it's made by Siemens (part of the Desiro family), instead of Bombardier means different traction components, which if executed properly by DTG should result in an overall different experience, particularly sound and performance.

It is going to feel more like a german EMU from a driving point of view, while having the somewhat iconic and unique Desiro sounds.

I personally believe it's coming soon. Like the ACS-64 I think it's possible they are developing one 3D model for both sims, but of course TSW will require more time due to having to model the interior to higher standard and the having to create the physics in Simugraph.

The popularity of both BML and SEHS will make sure there is a big pool of people available to buy it, and I think there is definitely demand. I personally can't see why they wouldn't want it in TSW. From us outsiders it seems an almost guaranteed success unless they pull off something like a BR187 or a Class 150/2. I feel like the only constraint would be old gen BML on console.

All the services were available for the 375 from the start anyway due to the feedback of a lackluster timetable, the 700 would just be another substitution option alongside the 465, I don't think it will devalue the 465 too much.

Anyway it's not like they care about this sort of thing, both the 182 and the 363 (loco DLCs) were included as standard in new routes... if that isn't devaluing I don't know what is.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

If this does come, the sound has to be similar to the real world and so does the cab as you can see here.
    Heres a video of it

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This should arrive for TSW2 as it's own with Three Bridges TMD Tutorial level or part of Rush Hour Train Pack comprised of NEC Boston Providence HSP-46 with Hyundai Rotem coaches Acela Express BML Class 700 & Riesa-Dresden ICE-T DB BR 411 DB BR146.0 special paint VVO 146 017. This video shows Geoff Marshall on Class 700 Driver simulator complete with controls towards the end of the clip Geoff forgot the AWS TPWS reset button

4. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

That is so cool, how their simulator is able to portray the real route of that line. I wonder why couldn't the team get some help from these companies, in order to make this game better? TrainSim-Matt Why couldn't the team get help from these simulator companies?

• Like Like x 1
  5. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

Because companies in similar fields rarely just 'help' each other?

• Like Like x 1
  6. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

If this route do come to TSW2, Ask Ben Elias if we can use some of the audio he have, it so loud and clear such as the DRA Set announcement. You can see from this video. He is a real train driver, on the line

• Like Like x 3
  7. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

But they are doing the simulator for actual real train driver, not game simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think companies would see it as a waste of time, getting teams to help develop a game.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I believe they're talking about the 465 being subbed for the 700 as IRL the runs the 465 is doing in game are run by 700s

10. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Now that licensing and source material issues (if they ever existed) have been resolved, I'd say chances of getting a 700 have increased from 50/50 to 90% at some point - possibly even announced in the roadmap this afternoon if we're lucky. They've been clear that they'd like to do Thameslink for a while now, and it would be a good stopgap for UK players while we wait for steam to be released which is a bit further away.

As others have pointed out, Joe has apparently already done the timetable legwork so the modelling and Simugraph would appear to be the main body of work (and the external modelling may have been what the TSC version is based from, so that may already be finished).

• Like Like x 4
  11. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Perhaps the other recent news that GTR liveries will be allowed in Creators Club may suggest improved relations?

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, bbbbbut... they aren't red!

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

GTR has been onboard for quite a while, given how long Southern and Southeastern have been in the game. The 700 may be a Siemens thing, or a low-priority thing.

New Idea: a quick reskin Gatwick Express 387 for GWE. Sell it cheap, like 5 quid.
    Oh, right. Never mind= it would need working pantos and reworked physics. So, not quick and not cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Doesn't it already have a fully implemented AC mode?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

It does, I have a mod which lets it sub onto cathcart, and it accelerates way quicker with AC power. It has a fully working AC mode with a working panto, switchover, different physics and (i think) sound.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  16. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

• Although a BR Class 700 DLC would sound great consoles are suffering from severe lag and crashes on both 9th gen and 8th gen. Most of the crashes on 9th gen are at London Victoria which is not visited by Thameslink, last gen consoles get crashes all over the route. LBN was pretty much unplayable before I got my Xbox Series X. So adding a train that runs 4 times an hour will make any route on last gen unplayable. So even if a 700 came to TSW2 it would probably release for PC and 9th gen consoles only which means the majority of TSW2 players will miss out on possibly a great TSW2 DLC. So unless the LBN update does actually fix crashing issues on 8th gen consoles DTG will lose a lot of potential profit.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. solicitr

Great! Then in that case, bring on the HX reskin!

18. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Some seriously exciting developments, fingers crossed for it on TSW 2.

- To me they are an awesome-looking rolling stock with some great sounds and great cab views.
    - They offer a whole lot of DLC potential, namely adding to existing routes (London Commuter especially, Southeastern High Speed). Plus, as dual-voltage, they can be used for routes both North and South of London, providing some interesting potentials like the East Coast Mainline section as far as Peterborough, or Bedford on the Midland Mainline etc (these services originate from the Brighton Mainline, so a nice link which would add to the immersion.
    - Awesome special livery opportunities:
    IMG_20210821_141634.jpg IMG_20210904_170428.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

So uhhhh the reviews on the 700 arent looking good

• Like Like x 4
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

21. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Was wondering why there wasn't a stream this week playing with the 700.

22. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

Just watched a stream of it and the sounds are so bad it's nearly undrivable.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

So its like the 187 in TSW then? :D

Also watched a Video of it, i cant judge the looks or sound on realism but it seemed way too quiet, almost non existent. Had to turn the volume up to full to be able to hear something, which sounded just like a generic EMU. Doesnt the 700s have quite a unique sound with the whining or how you call it? In a real life Video it sounds like a little alarm or such, you cant hear a thing of it in the TS Version.

Hopefully if they think about doing it for TSW too, they get completely new Sounds.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They've used a mix of the 395 and 350 sounds in TS1, but it seems they haven't done an amazing job implementing them.

You mean teh UFO-style sounds? They only appear on 3rd rail and I think they're on all Desiro EMUs in the UK (at least when running on 3rd rail), and I'm gonna take a punt that it was filmed from outside, not in the cab, so it'll be much louder.

EDIT: Here's a cab ride, it sounds very quiet IRL

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  25. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

If a 700 does come to tsw2, let's just hope it isn't an abomination that is currently in ts2022. I wonder how dtg approved that train to be released in ts considering how bad it is

• Like Like x 3
  26. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It's no surprise the 700 was a poorly made DLC for TS1 because DTG have no incentive to try and actually and make it a half decent DLC. They can get away with doing the bare minimum as they know a third party is going to come along and do a proper job of it.

TS1 first party content is appalling quality, however, luckily, TSW first party content is vastly superior. I'm confident DTG can do a good job of it for TSW, as not only do they have different people working on it, but the 700 would be an extremely popular DLC. So much so, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't do a decent job of it.

So I think its not a question of if but when the 700 gets released for TSW. I am fairly confident we could see it sometime this year.

• Like Like x 9
  27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Well all I'm going to add here is do not release this with crap sounds

• Like Like x 9
  28. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

They'll just be waiting for ap to work their magic

• Like Like x 7
  29. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

2 Sheets from the desiro type.

Desiro Thameslink.jpg

Desiro Great Northern.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  30. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

31. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

The 700 will be BA good train to come to tsw2 record it could work on to Brighton mainline and southeastern high speed it would be the only reason the 700 who work on I pay tsw2 everyday on my PS4

32. Jackson17

Jackson17 Member

Would be better if the 700 was added with new thameslink route. And then add the 700 was a layer to the other two routes.

Would like to see Sutton to somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  33. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. With the memory crashes on London Commuter, I think adding a 700 as a loco dlc for that route would only make the problem worse especially for 8th gen users who don't even have layers so I think a standalone Thameslink route would be a better option in my opinion.

34. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

There are people with working routes that would long object too. That said I'd rather kgx to pbo with Azuma and 700

35. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

please anything but the sutton loop, it's genuinely the least interesting line I've ever travelled on

36. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think PC and next gen console players will be able to handle the 700 with little issues on BML, however as you mentioned, last-gen performs awfully poor on it.

I can only imagine there will be a full TT for next gen and PC, and a cut-down version for last gen consoles. Perhaps remove some SN services for the latter, to help stabilise the route.

• Like Like x 3
  37. stanleynavarro1056

stanleynavarro1056 Member

I Believe The Class 700 For TSW3 Is Coming Out On July 11th, Starting At $16.99 Or $15.99 In USA And Canada.

38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There wasn't really a need to bump this when there are already several current threads discussing the imminent release of the Class 700.

• Like Like x 6
  39. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

This is right on. Even with all said I still suspect something is in the works