Speed Limits

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by chris048, Apr 10, 2022.

1. chris048

chris048 New Member

I've noticed that when running some career scenarios, particularly those based in Germany, the speed limits marked on the progress/signalling line at the bottom of the screen don't correspond with that displayed on the speedometer. I frequently find myself inadvertently speeding because a limit has kicked in before I'm expecting it. The consequence is that I don't successfully complete a career drive until I've had several attempts at it and learned where the glitches are.

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a necessary part of learning the route, just like in the real world!

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Some routes have errors like a 110 sign before a 100 km/h line speed limit.

But on german routes you must also watch the signal speeds, which are not shown on the hud. You get a yellow/green aspect on a distant signal means you have to slow down to 40 km/h before the next signal, sometimes there's numbers showing up. y/g with a 6 means 60 mph.
    Those speeds change depending on how the switches are set.

This also applies to other routes. On Sherman Hill for example you must be aware that crossing tracks usually happens at 30 mph which is not always shown on the hud.

Route learning is also an aspect in train simulation, as in real life.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The thing you are doing wrong is driving to the HUD speeds as they apply where the line speed changes
    If you are going run thru a slower crossing then the speed is indicated by the signal and applies from the signal not the points.

This will explain what those signals mean.