PlayStation Spg Dynamic Brakes Still Broken

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Lamplight, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It seems that the reported dynamic brake issues on SPG have resolved themsleves on PC. On PS4 they persist, however.

I‘m playing on a basic PS4.
    I tested the SD40-2 (in both YN2 and YN3b) on Q276. I tested the GP38-2 (in both YN2 and YN3b) on Q352.

The dynamic brakes didn‘t work on either. After accelerating to 20-40mph, I put the locos in dynamic braking. The produced <50 amps depending on the exact speed in the set up notch. Increasing the dynamic braking lever to 1-8 didn‘t increase amps at all.

I hope this helps indentifying the issue.

Edit 23.03.2021
    All of the dynamic brakes seem to be working again on PS4.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I am also still experiencing the same issues on an original Xbox One. I used a custom scenario starting at Hyndman, trying both the GP38 and SD40-2, and both worked the same as above (some amps on Setup, but no increase in amps with increasing the brake lever).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

As an update: I tested SFJ on basic PS4 to see if that is still affected.

UP GP38-2
    Tested on UP3. Dynamic brakes don‘t work. They show the exact same behaviour as the CSX GP38-2s.​

F40
    Tested on service 142. The dynamic brakes don‘t work. They show the same behaviour as the other EMD locos. The blended brakes, however, did work. When decreasing brake pipe pressure, the dynamic brakes kicked in and showed the appropriate amps. >200 amps at 25 psi brake cylinder pressure at roughly 40 mph if I recall correctly.​

• Like Like x 1