Sprit Of Steam Help.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nathan Kemp, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Nathan Kemp

Nathan Kemp Active Member

Afternoon.

I've been trying to play sprit of steam, but I seem to keep getting wheel slip. it doesn't matter how high the reverser, or throttle is, I just keep getting wheel slip all the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Regards,
    Nathan Kemp

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Could you provide more details? What service/scenario, weather conditions, when starting off or at high speeds, etc.?

3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Maybe you are going to high with the throttle to quick. When I get wheel slip on sos I always take the throttle down to zero and then slowly start to reinstate it.

4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Make sure Vac brakes are at 21 in/HG & Reverser at 75% forward, give it a little reg & you should start to go. If however you are on a freight with gray wagons next to the loco & red in the middle you will have to go release the brakes manually on the red wagons with a pull cord down the side, pull it for 10 seconds on each wagon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Put the fireman in automatic. Do not forget to pres start buton to confirm. Is in configurations, the fireman you have to change it to automatic

6. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Be careful on the regulator and use the cylinder drains and sand to help control the loco

7. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

8. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

I’m running the “Branch Freight: Clock Face Colliery - Speke Junction (07:33) service and encountered the same problem. Thanks for the heads-up on the red wagons. Once I manually released the vacuum brakes on each red wagon I managed to get the train rolling fairly easily. Anyone reading this needs to know that not all release mechanisms can be reached from the platform side of the train. You will need to go around the train to the other side and walk down the length of red wagons in order to access and release each valve.
    Many thanks for the post highlighting this vacuum brake release requirement. Not sure how I would have ever discovered this without your help.