Stats For Tharandter Rampe Now In Steamdb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Nov 26, 2021.

1. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

Dont know yet, but post #100 (WonterRail ) seems to confirm, that DTG has chosen to go the extra mile. The route is definitely one of the longer ones in TSW and the download size gives hope that - similar to Dresden-Riesa - it was built individually rather than generically.

• Like Like x 2
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

This could be very likely. As well as Assets because I think this route will have a steam loco layer. So some extra work could have been done to make areas look good, which we probably can appreciate with a steam loco.

I doubt it. The 612, 143, Dostos and Cab car aren't nearly as many verhicles as with DRA. And if they would include another loco they for sure would mention this in the roadmap. Why would they hide it? My only guess would be maybe a new freight car. But I even doubt that cause the G6 is layered in, so we will need the RRO route for freight.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Perhaps they want to surprise us? We know they have a Railpool BR185 somewhere (was seen for about 3 frames on a stream a few weeks ago), perhaps coming with this?

• Like Like x 4
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's possible that tilting physics add a lot of code to the 612.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

That high download size is sure interesting. As others have pointed out, it may partially be due to the BR 612's tilting code, it might also be indicative of the RP BR 185 coming with the route after all, as it's release being later then I expected means there still is room for DTG to announce such a thing. It might also indicate some interesting (industrial) branches, but we'll have to see about all of that I guess :).

6. joerg.lange

Code does not matter at all in terms of size. Even 50,000 lines of program code are barely a few MB. The size comes from the assets.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. solicitr

Or it might mean a very heavy traffic pattern like BML has, with layers for a boatload of German rolling stock. (It would be great if for once the 155 got a heavy-freight layer of its own, rather than just subbing on 185 services)

• Like Like x 3
  8. jolojonasgames

A 155 with some heavy coal trains would be fantastic.

This may also indicate that it has the same (or even better) lighting as on Riesa - Dresden.

There's truly a lot this large size can mean, and I'm curious to see. Hopefully we'll have more articles soon :).

• Like Like x 5
  9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

What if we get a surprise release next week? They were unusually secretive about the route during the roadmap stream, and the TSW leaks account on Twitter just noticed it was added to the internal dev store at the same time as the Arosa Anniversary Collection.

• Like Like x 3
  10. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Even with that it hardly explains the size. The DB BR 101 loco DLC (1 loco, 2 coaches) has a size of 160-ish MB.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jolojonasgames

That would be unprecedented, but also incredibly fun :).

Fair, but to be honest, I feel like it must be a combination of factors, with the RP BR 185 perhaps being one of those.

• Like Like x 2
  12. joerg.lange

Well, the route simply has a lot of individual buildings / objects. Perhaps they put some love into the areas around the railroad museums / narrow gauge railroads. Generally, the Erzgebirge looks a lot different than in the Ruhr area, so I suppose they had to built a lot of new assets.
    Maybe the line is pre-equipped for steam, maybe the BR185 is included...
    I don't think branch lines were built, although that would be awesome, of course.

13. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Trophies for the route have shown up on PlayStation. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see them: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12265-train-sim-world-2-set-3

Makes me wonder why West Cornwall Local didn’t get any trophies? At that point, we all thought a trophy limit had been reached (at least on PlayStation), but that is obviously not the case because Sherman Hill and now Tharandter Rampe have both received them.

14. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Count me in.

You can count that yourself. The limit is 50 groups (base game, DLC 1, DLC 2, . . . , DLC 49). I think they've still got around 5 groups left.

15. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I admit I have a lot of hype for this route and a big part of that is thanks to this thread. :D

Please, can someone make a compilation of all the trains currently available on TSW that DTG could realistically add here with layers?

• Like Like x 3
  16. solicitr

It would be nice if they did a couple of Saxon churches as opposed to the same Rheinland models they've been recycling ever since RSN (which are especially glaring on HMA; Bavarian churches look NOTHING like that!)

• Like Like x 3
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for DTG & Rivet Games they need to explore adding in DB BR204 from Main Spessart Bahn because in the DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn Era it would have worked the shunting yards and branch line services. In the route era local freight/shunting as long as you have both Tharandter Rampe & Main Spessart Bahn owned

18. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

The route has a lot of landmarks and scenery. But it can always be something else that's hiding :)

19. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Well passenger wise, what comes with the route is more or less the only prototypical thing.
    When it comes to freight, pretty much every loco we have in game could run here (namely the TRAXX2 variants, the 143 and the 155). I'd say the 182 and 187 wouldn't be too odd, but more unlikely. We wouldn't see the 112, but that's not a freight loco any way. For shunting, the 204 and 363 wouldn't be odd to see, and the G6 was already confirmed.

• Like Like x 2
  20. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! So BR 101 has no chance of being here because it has never run IRL, right?

I would love it if for the first time we had the possibility to use all three on the same route :love:

21. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there are no IC services on this route, and freight services of the 101 were in general really rare, so I would say it would be rather weird to see it :D

• Like Like x 1
  22. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I think it did run there, but with interregio instead of Intercity services. But they are gone since the mid 2000s, in the time the route is set, chemnitz had no long distance trains.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

A branch line would be a great surprise, but realistically, can they include a one on this route? And what would it be?

24. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The extra size is probably due to either it still being in development or having assets that aren't properly optimized. I have to laugh at the hopes on here that something will be in there that has not been announced. You realise you are setting yourself up for more disappointment through no-ones fault but your own? I mean expectations management is something that companies try and do sure, but its hard when people just plain make stuff up!

25. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

My favorite would be the un-electrified Flöhe-Reitzhain branch.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reitzenhain–Flöha_railway

The branch starts in Flöha and runs a couple of kilometer in parallel to the Dresden-(Chemnitz)-Werdau railway and is crossing the mainline underneth the new Hetzdorf viaduct in Hetzdorf station.
    The length of the branch is between Flöha and Hetzdorf approx. 6 km. Local/regional services running from Chemnitz main station to Hetzdorf station (-Reitzhain).
    It would be lovely to run some Diesel's, like the BR 612, BR 204 or new released G6, on this branch.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

Yeah, BR 155 very nice on this route since 1977?? :D and also BR 204 fits very well, but sound and physics are very disappointing :/ BR 204 for Train Simulator is lovely, but i don't need this one in TSW without an upgrade.

27. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

My favorite branch line would be Flöha-Cranzahl. Almost the same freight and passenger layer like Flöha-Reitzenhain, but in Cranzahl we can see the third saxon narrow gauge railway (Fichtelbergbahn to Oberwiesenthal) with daily steam. We would need a narrow-gauge steam loco (BR 99.73-79), because we have already one Station of the Lößnitztalbahn (Radebeul Ost) on Dresden-Riesa and with Dresden-Chemnitz we get one Station of the Weisseritztalbahn (Freital-Hainsberg)

28. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

First article has just been announced.
    Mike.:)

• Like Like x 1
  29. joerg.lange

The screenshots look great! I have a feeling this is going to be good...

And the RP BR185 is included!

• Like Like x 1
  30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

So, with what stock is the route going to come out with?

The article make it seems like: BR612; BR143; BR363 and RP BR185.

In the roadmap is listed to only come out with thr BR612 and BR143.

Is the RP BR185 going to be a substitution to the a layered DB BR185 from RSN or the 185.5 from BRD? Or is standalone and the roadmap article is wrong?

Is the BR363 a layer from BRD or is it included?

What about the G6, Matt said he saw it roaming around there, will it be a substitution?

• Like Like x 1
  31. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So for the G6: I guess it will substitute on the 363 services, but you need the add on to get it- because it wouldn’t make sense to bring a brandnew loco for 13.99€ and then pack it into a route for 30€ a month later

For the RP Br185.6: In my opinion it wasn’t supposed to come out with this route, but since Matt accidentally (or maybe not) showed it in a stream, they felt like they have to bring it with the route- or they just wanted to surprise us :D

What I would find interesting is: Now obviously DTG has the Railpool licenses, but as we have seen with the MRCE Locos: They have only been added to routes after RRO because bringing them to MSB and RSN would have needed to remake the timetable. Does that mean we will only be able to drive the new loco on this route? And furthermore: If yes, might Adams team remake the timetable on RSN and MSB and also bring in the Mrce locos?

32. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They don't need to remake the timetable. From what I understand each individual train has a tag, and each service has a list of tags and it'll look through your entire collection and use any trains with the appropriate tags. All that needs doing for older timetables is the services just need the tag for the new loco (in this case the RailPool 185) adding to the list. However, if they're not doing other upgrades to the route there's little point giving everyone a multi-GB download for what is likely at most a few lines of code, or equivelant.

33. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

oh, so it is not that complicated? Then my hope got back, maybe one day- because I love those two routes very much, but without the Br185.5 and .6, and the MRCE Br182 it’s just a bit empty in variation

• Like Like x 2
  34. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The change itself should be straight-forward - just add the MRCE or Railpool tag to what RSN/MSB are looking for. Trouble is probably testing it though. You are adding new, unique vehicles to the pool which increases the memory cost. It really shouldn‘t be a problem on these old routes but it needs to be tested properly regardless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

204 makes more sense because of DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn designing it to run branch line services and shunting yard operations seen at Chemnitz and Dresden

36. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

Yeah but BR363 since 1994 too.