Sales Steam Spring Sale Now On!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Mar 16, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Spring is here, and with it are some huge discounts across the Steam Store for you to enjoy.

To celebrate the arrival of Spring we have a giant sale across the Steam store, massive discounts on Train Sim World and Train Sim Classic fan favourites are yours to enjoy. Thinking of getting started with our games? Looking for a new route to explore? Had that locomotive on your Wishlist for a while? Well now is the perfect time to get started or expand your collection!

Head to the Steam store to find out more!

Let's take a look at a selection of some of the most exciting bargains available for Train Sim World throughout this awesome sale.

Already play Train Sim World 3 and looking for something new?

We have a plethora of content for you to enjoy with some of our favourite Train Sim World 3’s Add-Ons from across the World at amazing prices. We have also looked back at the huge catalogue of Train Sim World compatible content and applied some unmissable discounts.

There is no better time to expand your collection than now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great Western Bundle!

Looking to explore the West Country of England by rail? If so, you will be pleased to hear that we have an awesome bundle for Steam players. We have combined the ever popular Great Western Express, Diesel Legends of the Great Western, West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St Austell & St Ives, and West Somerset Railway Add-Ons into one amazing bundle with a 5% total discount which, when combined with the Steam Spring Sale discounts means you can rack up the savings!

Grab your Great Western Bundle!

Want to get started with Train Sim World 3?
    [​IMG]

Master more machines with Train Sim World 3: Deluxe Edition. You have the freedom to haul containers through Cajon Pass with the ES44C4, experience 280 km/h in the ICE 1 between Kassel and Würzburg, drive Britain’s fastest train, the Class 395, out of London, and step back in time to 1950s steam and discover the Jubilee Class. New volumetric skies bring a transformed atmosphere to routes. Wind hammers the side of your train, lightning dances among intense storms, as the roar of thunder competes with the sound of machinery. Feel total immersion as you learn the art of defensive driving to stay in control.

What better way to get started with Train Sim World 3, and at a whopping 40% off, its incredible value!

Eagle-eyed players also might have noticed a new 'Upgrade Pack' appearing in the Steam Store - this pack, as well as being the cheapest way to upgrade to TSW3 and keep all your existing Train Sim World Compatible content, also enables us to do 'Complete My Bundle' for the first time in TSW3. We're trialling this on our US content bundles (US Freight Bundle, US Passenger Bundle, US Super Bundle) during the Spring Sale window - allowing you to only pay for the content you don't already own. If successful, we're hoping it's a feature we can use for future bundle content.

Join JD and two members of the TSG (Train Sim Germany) team Lukas and Ed on YouTube and Twitch tomorrow night, Friday 17th March, at 19:00 UTC (20:00 CET) for a preview of the upcoming Niddertalbahn: Bad Vilbel – Stockheim route Add-on. Don't miss it!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 25
  2. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

And Steam. Again. BRO again. Still waiting for the first sale on PSN while it’s the second on steam now

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That depends on Sony. They only have a limited number of sale slots. Dtg can't control that

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Sony don’t choose which routes get discounts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

I don’t think PlayStation users should be doing so much complaining about lack of sales

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Why not complain? Yes, there are often some routes or locos on sale, but it's mostly old TSW2 stuff while on Steam the items come to sale much earlier.
    And PS-Users do not get POD or whole time GamePass reduction, so I think there is place for complaining about.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Not enough discount yet for the DLC I do not own. Have to wait for the next sale :(

• Like Like x 2
  8. imnotgreek#2530

imnotgreek#2530 Member

Why doesn't the new Linke Rheinstrecke get a sale? I'd rather wait until Peak Forest, but then DLCs will probably be 50 dollars, are you kidding me? Why are DLCs so expensive?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slendamann

Slendamann New Member

Can someone please explain what I actually get if I buy this, as an owner of TSW2? What does "upgrade from previous titles" mean? Do I get the standard edition routes for TSW3 at a discount because I have TSW2? Or am I literally just paying 14€ for an update without any content? Why is none of this explained on the store page lol

upload_2023-3-19_14-3-22.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

If you're on Steam Linke Rheinstrecke did have a Pre-Order discount, but I agree for us CAD the price of DLC routes are no longer cheap. Routes now costing us $51.99 is a hard pill to sallow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Newbury

With this what you get is your TSW2 upgraded to TSW3 with all of its features and all your existing content brought over into TSW3.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Brand-new routes never go on sale, aside from (inconsistent) pre-order discounts, and for XBox the Gamepass discount.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Slendamann

Slendamann New Member

So the only use-case for this "upgrade pack" is if you want to play TSW 3 DLC routes, and have no wish to get any of the routes that are part of either the standard or deluxe version? Seems mighty overpriced if that's all you get - you're basically paying 14€ for the privilege to buy DLC.. I reckon they'd earn more if this upgrade was just free. Oh well.

14. imnotgreek#2530

imnotgreek#2530 Member

I hate this so much.

15. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It literally got released 3 days ago. Steam rules makes it so that you can't discount a new dlc until x amount of days has passed. It's the same for all games.

• Like Like x 2
  16. orb

orb Well-Known Member

From start of this year 30 days, to be exact (until January it was 28 days / 4 weeks). If there was a launch discount, then it can be discounted again 30 days after the launch discount ended.

17. Michael Newbury

By buying the standard or deluxe editions you get the new TSW3 routes listed for each of the two editions which would makes it cheaper than just upgrading and then buying the indivual routes themselves.

18. Slendamann

Slendamann New Member

Yes, that's why I'm confused about what the point of the "upgrade pack" even is. In the old days, I didn't have to pay to get my version of Train Simulator updated from say 2015 to 2016 - it was just automated automatically and for free, so that I could always just buy the DLC I wanted, or buy that years edition of the game to get a handful of routes at a discount.

I'm just confused what the point is of the upgrade pack is all. The updates should just be free, like they were on the old platform.

19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Took advantage of the complete your collection for the ultimate US bundle and grabbed NY Trenton and the fallen flags for £20 and some loose change. This is a bigger discount (worked out at 46% off) then I was expecting to pay so thank you for rewarding your existing customers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I also got this deal.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  21. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It’s good to see that TSW2 is compatible with TSW3

What really annoys me is that as I own everything for both PC and Xbox apart from Horseshoe Curve and WCL, which I only have on PC, I cannot run two TSW2020 locomotives DB BR 155 and 182 as I stupidly bought the TSW2 version not the original TSW2020. Spoke to DTG, but after spending a vast sum for the total content on PC and Xbox, I have to purchase them again to run them in TSW2020 to complete the achievements as they are not downwards compatible. I will have to wait for an unlikely xbox sale.

DTG are looking into the compatibility but this is some way off, so I will have to pay three times for the same product if I want to complete my collection, which after spending so much on all of the DTG products, certainly doesn’t please me.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  22. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

On Xbox for this game it's like trying to Win the lottery.

The argument "wait for a sale" if you can't afford it is not a valid point when you be waiting 6 months to a year which then the next TSW iteration is then out. Even then it might not go on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Grabbed the one that gave me Trenton and the Acela. I know the route isn't that great but it's still a pretty good bargain and ploughs back in 2/3 of my refund on West Rhine to DTG and as it seems East Midlands is delayed a few weeks and Peak Forest god knows when. enough time to recover my Steam Wallet funds.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I ended up buying most everything so depleted my Steam Wallet too.

Time for another stealth trip to the market to buy another card. ;)
    ( They're getting hard to find recently. )

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes Asda haven’t stocked since before Christmas and Sainsbury’s had run out last week when I looked. Think Wilco’s might still have them but that needs a trip into Swindon town centre, full body armour required!

26. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I could kick myself for paying full price for NYT and Acela when, just barely a month later, Steam has them at 25% off.

I guess the upshot is to never buy on first release from now on.

I think it's somewhat disingenuous of DTG to offer sale prices so soon after launch.

That's life I guess.

27. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I buy for my xbox which never has a sale and as I play on Steam too, I no longer buy for both systems these days as it costs £60, so I buy on steam when the price is under £20. This gives me my previous outlay of £50.

28. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

"Treated" myself to Clinchfield Railroad this morning, a tenner on PS store and it's a route I've pondered getting for a while. Yeah it's had mixed reviews but I'm glad I finally got it now

• Like Like x 3
  29. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Well, I got nothing new during this sale, as the things I wanted to get didn't reach the discount threshold I was looking for, or they were on the same discount as during Festival of Rail, when I got TSW3. On the other hand, I got a couple of things for TSC from Humble Bundle, which along with other TSC things I got during Festival of Rail and the base TSW3 routes should be sufficient probably until summer sale.