Still Experiencing Issues With Pathing And Red Lights?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Gianluca

Gianluca Active Member

There are too much red lights in this game

2. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

The problem are not the red lights, just the ones that never turn green. Also known as "permanent red lights".

• Like Like x 3
  3. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

3706 Jersey Avenue - NY Penn Station 0623 using multi-level cab car. Service is fine all the way to within 0.9 mile of NY Penn, (within 2 minutes late) then there is a stack of 3 trains (mine being the fourth) all the way in to the platforms - nothing moving.

4. A11ICN

A11ICN New Member

20230504235502_1.jpg 20230505185906_1.jpg
    • Route Name: Long Island Rail Road
    • Loco Name: M7
    • Scenario/Service Name + Start Time: Change at Jamaica
    • Location of the red signal, preventing the player from moving. (in relation to local landmarks/station. If you can get the signal number as well, even better).: between Woodside - Hunterspoint Avenue
    • A Complete list of the add-ons you currently have installed.
    - Great Western Express
    - LIRR
    - Main Spessart Bahn
    - Northern Trans-Pennine
    - Sand Patch Grade
    - Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    - DB BR182
    - Rapid Transit
    - Rhein-Ruhr Osten
    - Bakerloo Line
    - SFS Koln-Aachen
    - Southeastern Highspeed (extended)
    - East Coastway
    - Hauptstrecke Munchen-Augusburg
    - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    - LGV Marseille-Avignon
    - Brighton Main Line, Nahverkehr Dresden, NEC: Boston-Providence (Rush Hour Routes)
    - SFS Kassel-Wurzburg
    - DB BR101
    - CSX SD40, S-Bahn Koln BR423, Silver 1972 Stock (New Journeys Expansion)
    - IOW
    - Island Line 2022
    - Luzern-Sursee
    - Dispolok BR182, RHTT, Santa Fe F7 (Loco Bundle 1)
    - BR403 Railbow, ROG BR Class 37/7, BNSF SD70ACe (Loco Bundle 2)
    - Tharandter Rampe

I also have issue on NEC Boston-Providence's Cold as Ice. (Boston South Station traffic jam)
    And I've also confirmed that these two issues I have are normal in TSW2.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  5. BigKapitoste

BigKapitoste New Member

problema en ruta "entregado en 60 segundos".

Ruta: Bahnstrecke Bremen-Oldemburg
    Locomotora: BR 55 PULSAR
    "entregado en 60 segundos"
    hora: 5:00:25
    XBOX Series X
    Antes de acoplarse a la composición 6 vehículos para llegar a Hude se muestra el mensaje contactar al controlador para continuar. Esta acción no responde a nada y aparece un semáforo en rojo unos 475 metros antes de acoplarse a la composición. Este semáforo se queda en rojo y no te deja pasar.
    ¿Puedes ayudarme por favor?

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  6. Gianluca

Gianluca Active Member

Platform: PS4
    Route name: Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel Würzburg
    Game mode: timetable
    Loco name: DB 185 Railion
    Service name and start time: 40648 Curtici - Rheinhausen (starting at 23:38:19)
    Issue summary: permanent red light (754) 12 kilometres before Kassel Wilhelmshöhe platform 6

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. bennett08

bennett08 New Member

Boston Sprinter, ACS-64. Train #86. Approximately a half hour into the run, you'll slowly encounter cab signal downgrades to an eventual stop and proceed at the Transfer interlocking distant signal south of Route 128. There is no train ahead of me, or in the block. When I lock the doors after servicing Route 128, my cabs upgrade to clear and I encounter no problems for the rest of the route.

8. TheNoGamer44

TheNoGamer44 Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam PC
    Route Name: Oakville Subdivision
    Game Mode: Scenario
    Loco Name: GP38-2
    Scenario Name: Equipment Move
    Issue summary: Red light at Auckland Yard after about 15-20 minutes of driving. The signal won't turn green and no train is blocking the path ahead. This issue is present when selecting the scenario either through Journeys or Scenarios tab. I can't complete the scenario.

9. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Platform: XBox Series X
    Route Name: Southeastern High Speed
    Game Mode: Journey
    Loco: 395, Service 1F44 St Pancras to Faversham
    Issue summary: red light just before Strood. There's a train at the station, and two more are ahead, all stuck at red lights. No trains and no green lights down the line.

10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Steam
    Switzerland
    Arosalinie
    Journey Mode
    Arosa Line : Running Around Arosa
    Service R1565: Chur Runaround

Cant proceed to 2nd check point due to another parked service in the block which is dead and doesnt move
    upload_2023-5-22_21-55-17.png

Edit apparently if I wait 150minutes or so this train clears the block and I can proceed.

Don't know what I was complaining about.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  11. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

LBN 2M05 East Croydon to Milton Keynes Central

Train is held at signal T74 just before Selhurst. This is because there is a train stuck on Platform 2 at Selhurst, even though it has a green signal. It won't depart even if you close it's doors. And there you are. Series S.

Edit: I waited a while longer and the train did finally leave, causing a late arrival at Selhurst. No discernable reason why train was held so long on platform.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  12. PseudoStalker

PseudoStalker Well-Known Member

Steam. Peninsula Corridor. Journey.
    143 SJ - SF
    AI train stuck at SF. Not on a signal. This train just standing before switch and do nothing. I waited about 8 minutes and nothing has changed. 2 trains stuck behind it(one of them are player train).
    20230524135339_1.jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  13. champier#2613

champier#2613 Member

DTG JD you said this has been logged since March...
    I played last night and ran into the same issue at the end of the run any updates?

14. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

1C42 have a bug, I stuck at Ebbsfleet International

15. bartolomaeusz

Clinchfield, CRR Extra 3014 South - Southbound Coal (SD40). No problem until 9.2 miles from final objective, then there is a red light, train ahead without a loco, blocking the line.

EDIT: I forgot to say, this was loaded from a Save.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  16. dramos#3074

dramos#3074 Member

Boston sprinter
    Cold as ice red light issue not able to finish scenario

17. dramos#3074

dramos#3074 Member

This still.isnt fixed currently playing and stuck
    6/6/23 guess this is what happens when you hire devs from fivver

18. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Same here. Just switched from ps4 to ps5 so I’m doing all my scenarios again. Just did Cold as ice on Boston Sprinter. 90 mins wasted because of stuck AI trains at Boston! Can’t believe this is STILL not fixed. This is a TSW2 route for Christ sake. This has been out for YEARS.

DTG JD DTG Matt How do you justify that something like this is still not patched?? It’s so damn frustrating! Bugs like this that don’t get fixed is the reason I haven’t spent one cent since Birmingham Cross City Line. DTG you’re going to have to fix these messes if you ever want to get money from me again…

• Like Like x 2
  19. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

The scenario can be completed in TSW2. It is a problem only on TSW3, probably due to the "improved" dispatcher/signaling.

20. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I experienced two pathing issues recently.

The first is on DRA. One of the early southbound freight (I think Röderau Dresden) trains at 6 something. When you pass Dresden Neustadt or Mitte, it switches to "go via location" and shows a spot 11 miles back. Then there is a red signal and a freight train in the opposite direction is waiting. Service cannot be completed.

On Left Rhine, the southbound ICE service has a weird routing after Bingen Hbf. Goes via two points down to 80 km/h and back on the mainline again.

21. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Yep, that would be the 6:33am freightservice from Roderau to Dresden.
    I first reported that bug in Nov22 and again last month when I tried it again.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/nahverkehr-dresden-broken-service.61317/

So this is still not fixed, about 7 months after I first reported it !!! *sigh* Come on DTG.

22. The Maser Faze

The Maser Faze New Member

I just got the game and it's pretty cool. There was a red light that wouldn't go off in one of the tutorials with a red train. The rest seem ok so far. Did they fix those other problems?

23. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Red lights and pathing affect a lot of routes and it's a time consuming process.

24. The Maser Faze

BR 143 tutorial is still broken. The oncoming train moves forward slightly when you reach the first station and open the doors. It initially sits behind two red markers, then moves forward and stops behind #14. The first one the train sat behind looks like a phantom marker. There's nothing there but a sign that looks like a shovel pointed upwards. In any case, it also looks like this train was positioned well past the red signals from the beginning. One of these is locking everyone behind red lights.

• Like Like x 1
  25. armus

armus Member

“RE18 Cottbus - Dresden Hbf” under the “Fast Track” scenarioof Dresden still starts with a red signal that forces a wait for a freight that makes you late before the first station stop. I tested it again and now it crashes on PS5 shortly after that first stop (tried multiple times, both staying in out outside the cab).

26. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

1F12 St Pancras Int'l to Faversham: when I accidentally miss a platform, I contact the signaler and it says train appears to be off path I don't know why.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
  27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just had an issue on Hamburg to Lubeck.
    Travelling north with ICE1582 1258 from Hamburg. Restored from save game, running on greens with one signal check however about 2km south of Reinfeld brought to a stand at a red. No train ahead and from what I can see the route clear ahead all the way to Lubeck. Unable to tab past.

28. ACCOUNT42

ACCOUNT42 New Member

Sand patch spot's third task(Sufficient fuel) The prompt is not on the correct road, even if the railway is manually triggered, Desktop Screenshot 2023.07.11 - 00.13.08.87 (2).png it is still a red light signal,I have played this task before The Tank truck will wait for us to pass at the red light But now it's getting us stuck. Desktop Screenshot 2023.07.11 - 00.15.27.38.png

29. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Further to my post above re IC1582 on Hamburg to Lubeck, as a control I ran the service again without saving. As previously you get thr first signal check which quick reference to the plan view showed a train in section ahead. After that all went well, clear run through Reinfeld and into Lubeck. So definitely a save game restore issue, one possible factor being the ICE service routed into Lubeck Hbf via the southbound (?) track so maybe this is where the routine is getting confused.

30. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

SKW: 50000 München Riem-Hamburg Bilwerder @23:43

In and around Kassel there’s a bunch of trains that are held on indefinite Red lights with no clear pathing set for any of them.

Edit: HHL: RE80 11479 Lübeck Hbf-Hamburg Hbf @17:36

Reloaded a save after a crash just after Reinfeld, infinite Red Lights both ways near Hamburg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Koln-Aachen Route Original timetable, Signal 58 018 behind marker 28 4 is getting stuck on red, I took over service 15:23 service S19 Duren - Au (Sieg) couldn't proceed to the first station Merzenich because my path was blocked, I investigated and found that service 15:03 service was stuck at that signal, I have spawned on foot at other times of the day and found other services also getting stuck at that signal. The bug only affects the original timetable. the New Journeys timetable is working as expected. PC/Steam
    20230711230225_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  32. UthersonL

UthersonL New Member

After today's update, the tutorial for DB 143 on Nahverkehr Dresden is still broken (has been for months at least), with a red signal blocking both the player's path and the services on the opposite direction track, just after the first passenger stop. The only even vaguely anomalous thing I could observe was multiple occupancy (which seems rare on German routes) on the opposite direction track, with an AI passenger service pulling up to just behind an AI freight service waiting at their own red signal. Pictured below. My train is the one on the left track, in the distance.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  33. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

SEHS Extended, all updates made.

Cannot complete the (awesome) service mode run 5J96 'cause another 395 is blocking the place in the depot for the six-car formation. I understand that this is the reason why the exit signal at Ashford Intl platform 5 does not change from red.

34. Gianluca

Gianluca Active Member

Platform: PS4
    Game mode: timetable
    Route name: Southeastern High Speed
    Loco name: Class 66
    Service name and start time: 6Y25 Hither Green Loco Sidings to Hoo Junction Up Yard (start at 12:49)
    Issue summary: Red Signal (NK443) at 800 metres before platform 38 at Hoo and one class 66 is blocking the way. This prevent the continuation of service.

Attached Files:

35. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

I'm having the same issue. I looked at the map whist still setting up the train. The train causing the issue is already at the red signal waiting before we have left the first station. The following train is approaching behind. I'm going to try and get a video recorded tonight or tomorrow to show what I mean.

• Like Like x 3
  36. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

Here's a video of the problem with the 143 tutorial.

Edit: Ticked submitted and link to this video put in the ticket.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Llewelyn

Llewelyn New Member

Clinchfield RR
    SD40
    Nora Turn part 3
    Fixed danger on the ground where the spur joins the main line.
    Dispatcher just said "denied, wait for signal to change" well that's not gonna happen.

Thus part 3 not possible to finish, and also therefore not possible to access part 4 which isn't in the timetable (that's a separate bug though)

38. Llewelyn

Llewelyn New Member

Is that the one that has a trigger for the simulated emergency stop? If so, the trigger is right before the signal, driving towards it triggered the emergency stop simulation, not a SPAD.

39. sbberger#9515

sbberger#9515 New Member

Just an update as of July 16th 2023, this isn't resolved. I even crawled to the red light stopped within 10 ft, and waited 45 min.

40. The Maser Faze

Exactly. That's the problem right there. Please fix the red lights, guys.

41. benuildo

benuildo Member

I stuck at a red light on Kassel-Würzburg, Lonely Road Scenario. I play TSW3 on PS5.
    Red Light is at the first stop. Langenschwarz Track 633.

42. sbberger#9515

sbberger#9515 New Member

firstly don't save your game while doing this one, and secondly, get within 25 feet of the red light and it will change. I had the same issue, but I googled it and there you have it.

43. BaleineSSJ

BaleineSSJ Member

• Route Name : Schnellfahrstrecke: Kassel - Würzburg
    • Loco Name : BR 185 DB
    • Scenario/Service Name + Start Time : Red-eye Freight | 50000 München Riem - Hamburg Billwerder | Starting 23:43
    • Location of the red signal, preventing the player from moving. (in relation to local landmarks/station. If you can get the signal number as well, even better). : 14km south of Kassel going to Kassel | LZB point 758
    • Time - How far into the scenario/service are you? (Use the in-game clock and objectives for reference) : 2h after the start of the scenario | Local time 01:45 (approximatively)
    • A Complete list of the add-ons you currently have installed : CJP | SKW | SEHS | SoS | DB G6 Diesel Shunter | LGV | Bakerloo | SPG | SKA
    • Bonus Points: Videos and screenshots can be extremely useful. Remember to leave the HUD on and capture the entire screen. Preferable with built-in screen capture rather than hand-held phone footage.
    I think that the train 50400 going to Kassel takes a wrong switch and gets itself on the opposite track. The trains going from Kassel are blocking its way, and it's blocking the way of the two other trains (what I would call a deadlock).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  44. BaleineSSJ

BaleineSSJ Member

• Route Name : Spirit of Steam
    • Loco Name : LMS Jubilee
    • Scenario/Service Name + Start Time : Edge Hill sheds - Liverpool Lime Street (start time 09:45)
    • Location of the red signal, preventing the player from moving. (in relation to local landmarks/station. If you can get the signal number as well, even better). : 800 yards before being able to couple the wagons, entry of Liverpool Lime Street station
    • Time - How far into the scenario/service are you? (Use the in-game clock and objectives for reference) : 20 minutes after the service began. I waited 18mn for the red signal to change
    • A Complete list of the add-ons you currently have installed : CJP | SKW | SEHS | SoS | DB G6 Diesel Shunter | LGV | Bakerloo | SPG | SKA
    • Bonus Points: Videos and screenshots can be extremely useful. Remember to leave the HUD on and capture the entire screen. Preferable with built-in screen capture rather than hand-held phone footage.
    I must say that something is odd. All the signals in the area are red even though I'm driving the only train here.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  45. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

Exactly the same issue for me on PS5. Line completely blocked by red signals roughly 14km to the end of this long service going towards Kassel.

Cannnot complete, this is on the journey mode Red Eye Freight thus preventing you from completing the journey mode. Ive done 36/37 on Kassel/Wurzber`s journey, just this one outstanding which cannot be done.
    Scenario/Service Name + Start Time : Red-eye Freight | 50000 München Riem - Hamburg Billwerder | Starting 23:43

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
  46. sergio#3686

sergio#3686 New Member

Yes, TGV
    Multiple routes
    Arriving in Marseille wrong path.
    TGV 6103 10:28
    TGV 6175 12:52
    TGV 6169 19:00

Attached Files:

47. T.83

T.83 Member

• Hauptstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck
    • 766.2 DBpbzfa DB Hauptstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck
    • RB8 11301 04:15 (Lübeck Hbf-Hamburg Hbf)
    • Hamburg-Wandbek platform 1, (additional red lights at Hasselbrook and Kupfermühle towards Lübeck)
    • Around 52 minutes in game (I saved the game and replayed the save from Bad Oldesloe)
    • GWE
    • RT
    • WSR
    • RSN
    • LIRR
    • NTP
    • MSB
    • PC: San fran- San Jose
    • RRO
    • ECW
    • HRR
    • HMA
    • HHL
    • DRA
    • BML
    • NC:BPE
    • KWG
    • Cajon Pass
    • SEHS
    • SoS
    • SKA
    • BKL
    • SPG
    • LGV
    • Class 33
    • BR 182
    • BR 155
    • Heavy freight pack
    • BR 363
    • BR 101

48. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

I'm still experiencing Train appears to be off path issue when running Into stations without stopping in time!!

49. bartolomaeusz

Hamburg-Lubeck 89402 Lubeck Hbf - Rothenburgsort. After multiple Saves, red light at Hamburg Tonndorf that does not change. All trains downline stuck at reds.

PC - Ryzen 7, RTX 3060

50. bonsai#7845

bonsai#7845 New Member

I can't change the path at the end of the following Timetable Mission. I need to go onto the South path where the end of the mission is.

Train: TGV Duplex 200 CM

TGV 6103 Marseille-St-Charles 10:28 - 00:33

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1