Still Not Working! Long Rant.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ilbambino96, Aug 21, 2021.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

In general I would agree with you, but this is just the last of many many unbelievable mistakes made by this company, and the worst one. I've been around enough to witness 10000 bugs, lack of communication, bad PR, broken promises, etc. etc. I spent hundreds of euros in DLCs. I know, it's not the end of the world, but, come on, it's unacceptable from a customer perspective.

• Like Like x 5
  2. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Think TSW 2 should be removed from the PS Store till they have fixed it probably (not that anyone will want to buy it after all this i lost £300 of DLC Cathcart SE High Speed GWR West Somerset Tees Vally NTP The BR CLASS 465 add-on Ru sieg Nord & more all wiped out in one Update i am ANGRY Dis heartened but overall Devastated as I am sure you all are

• Like Like x 2
  3. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I beg to differ, but as customers, we are entitled to have different expectations.

I play a lot of different games, and not one doesn't have bugs in it.
    The only two bugs that really get me going are one that means the game cannot be played, or one where it crashes in the middle of playing.

This one meant the game could not be played, but they hit it fast, then told us that the next issue was Sony distributing the patch that had been released.

I have had the game since TSW was released and don't have agree that it has had "1000s of bugs". Including the many DLC packs I have purchased.

I will fully agree that their product doesn't always live up to their own hype, but I feel that is a different conversation altogether to a technical glitch seen in a major game engine upgrade.

If people keep moaning, the next "upgrade" will no doubt be another standalone game, as it is easier to engineer.
    And I wouldn't blame DTG for doing
    that at all.

If this had been your average minor patch, this conversation might be different, but it's quite a large technical achievement.

I don't feel let down as a customer by this half as much as I do about their hype for some DLC.

Let's see how long it takes for everybody to have 100% of their DLC back and working too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

But you have not lost them

As of last night when I looked, Cathcart Circle and SEHS were the only two I couldn't get back from the PS Store.

Are you aware that you have to download the DLC from the PS store again?

I have all the other DLC you mentioned up and running I think.

5. ilbambino96

ilbambino96 New Member

Stating nothing but facts, in the meantime I'm playing the routes that came with the game originally waiting it out.

6. phillipa#1949

20.50PM the Misery continues for all of us across all Platforms & not so much of a word from DTG DLC still not appearing are we to believe them that they are actually fixing this?

I can see what has gone wrong though normally when they do update TWS2 3 UPDATES are download at the same time example ver 1.xa followed by ver 1.xb then followed by ver 1.xc this did not happen on Thursday only ver 1.42 was dwonloaded it should have been ver1.42 followed by ver 1.43 (which we did not get till friday night ) & ver 1.44 ( yet to be released ) if these three had be downloaded at the same this fiasco would have never happen now we have to wait

• Like Like x 1
  7. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

We are lucky we get upgrades for free that’s true but thinking about it maybe I’d prefer to buy a complete new TSW3 game for £50. It’s only the price of 2 full price TSW2 dlc’s, at the end of the day or you could wait until it goes down in price in the inevitable sale. Everything would work including TSW3 dlc’s I’d buy, and. I wouldn’t be sat here with a broken game full of paid for dlc’s that I can’t currently use in it’s entirely. I’d also have the old TSW2 game still on my PS4 to play all the old dlc routes I bought for it if I got bored with the new TSW3 dlc routes I’d bought. The only downside is the new game would probably only be PS5 compatible? so Id either buy PS5 if I was that bothered or I’d just wait until the time was right to get one. when both PS5 and TSW3 would be a lot cheaper. I’ve been purchasing FIFA football and Dirt Rally games this way for years and never felt it was a problem.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  8. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i have suspected from the start that this was all done buy design to force ps4 players to buy the new route because its the only one you'll be able to play and it has failed spectacularly, because surely a company cannot be this incompetent and alienate such a large number of customers without checks in place, i fear monumental c**k up's like this damage reputation and are often irreparable.

9. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

I'm so relieved I 100%ed everything just a week ago. But still was eagerly awaiting this update to finally be able to 100% Set 1 because of "Freight Exchange", and surprise, they fixed it after 4 months, but now I can't play the route it was a faceplant there.
    Of course I was also excited for the new Season Ticket, but really my most expected thing was that Scenario fix. I have to wait some more for that coveted Set 1 100%

I hope for the sanity of other players that they fixed the Rapid Transit DB BR1442 braking, that train all the time behaved like accrlerating/braking on ice.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  10. phillipa#1949

No most console gamers know what they want this fiasco starts & ends with DTG they Delayed the launch of this Update then changed there minds which lead to last Thursday fiasco because if they can,t fix it & we should have to re-purchase all the lost DLC DTG will have a riot on there hands

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  11. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

How difficult would it be for DTG to release a patch that removes the update that f**ked up the game last week. OK so the new routes won't work but at least we had a game that worked last week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

All my owned DLCs now show as Purchased on the Store, so that's some progress, though some are missing from the "All Add-ons listing". But as I said before I could re-download them no trouble from either the Manage Game Content option on the PS Menu of the installed game itself or through the Library.
    I have access to purchase the Season Ticket only through the Store on my PS4 or in the PS5 Version of the game at the PS5 Store.
    So there is still some fixing left to do at the store... and making 90% of the PS4 game playable again.

13. phillipa#1949

Tried TO Download GWR again earlier on both i went to work still no joy though but the core game is starting freeze up again this is getting serious now.

DTG have gone very Quite how Sony can going on selling this pile of Rubbish i just don,t know

14. phillipa#1949

I very aware of it i been downloading & re installing about 3-4 times it just does not work three Quarters of the people in her seem to think the same

15. phillipa#1949

UPDATE Everyone the have just fixed this issue ON Xbox-One sadly the PS4 version is still taking that little bit longer but they have made progress